Why Did Sean Take The Play Calling Back? (1 Viewer)

We were a better team the other way... Carmichael is a better play caller than Sean period...

That's not even close to being accurate. And Carmichael is a really good play caller.

But Sean Payton, despite the criticism he gets around here, is universally praised as one of the better ones that the league has seen.

What other way? What does Carmichael do that is so much better than Payton? You seem to have inside information from game planning that none of us have.

We literally dominated time of possession 37 minutes to 23. How is that not effective play calling?
Wow. And they still scored 41.

Wow. And they still scored 41.

Didn't realize this was a thread about the defense. What the **** does that have to do with the play calling on offense? Pretty sure that controlling the ball for 37 minutes didn't give them more opportunities to score.

What other way? What does Carmichael do that is so much better than Payton? You seem to have inside information from game planning that none of us have.

We literally dominated time of possession 37 minutes to 23. How is that not effective play calling?

You have your opinion and I have mine. You don't need inside info if your not Stevie Wonder.

:hihi:

Didn't realize this was a thread about the defense. What the **** does that have to do with the play calling on offense? Pretty sure that controlling the ball for 37 minutes didn't give them more opportunities to score.

You know that is the way the country is. Only one side can have an opinion and if it don't line up with their's then you are a troll are a moron. This site is one of the worse if you say anything about the team that's not in their favor.

Because until Sean Payton becomes Sean Payton of 2006-2012 with play calling we will be mediocre.. which we don't need in 2017.

You know that is the way the country is. Only one side can have an opinion and if it don't line up with their's then you are a troll are a moron. This site is one of the worse if you say anything about the team that's not in their favor.

Why is it we never hear or read about Carmichael for a HC job at the end of the season? If he was better than SP, then wouldn't he be in demand?! Being a better play caller than the architect of a consistently top 5 offense should be getting you some serious consideration. He isn't. Why?!

To me, the Lions and bucs games are simple.

Max Unger. Was banged up going against the Lions, then inactive against the bucs. Genuinely healthy enough to play against the Cardinals.

The All Pro multiple Pro Bowl Center being healthy versus not healthy is huge. Really shows how critical he's been to keeping the offense on track.

Why is it we never hear or read about Carmichael for a HC job at the end of the season? If he was better than SP, then wouldn't he be in demand?! Being a better play caller than the architect of a consistently top 5 offense should be getting you some serious consideration. He isn't. Why?!

when SP was suspended Drew still passed for over 5k yards and 40tds. there was no dropoff. the record was 7-9 that year, no difference from the past 3 seasons. What exactly does SP do that Pete does not?
As for the other question, some people are not cut out to be head coaches. Doesn't mean Pete isn't just as good a playcaller as SP is.

Max Unger. Was banged up going against the Lions, then inactive against the bucs. Genuinely healthy enough to play against the Cardinals.

The All Pro multiple Pro Bowl Center being healthy versus not healthy is huge. Really shows how critical he's been to keeping the offense on track.

This is absolutely spot-on...Unger is so much more valuable to our team that that TE/WR guy....

Had the same discussion with my dad yesterday when the game was starting. I know it isn't exactly the same as the anchor in the middle of your offensive line, but not having Vaccaro on defense sure seems to be hurting the defense after what looked like a regression yesterday.

Roman Harper is doing his best on defense and special teams, but he's not Vaccaro and Bell and Byrd seemed to be tentative yesterday when they didn't look like that with Vaccaro on the field. These last two games will really show us how important #32 is for this defense. Atlanta is nipping at our heels as the #2 offense in the league and the Bucs are top half of the league while Arizona is #9 - after yesterday's big outing, of course.

Unger being banged up and then out for those two poor offensive outings is obviously even bigger than Armstead being banged up or out at LT since Brees apparently really does need that clean interior pocket to make his reads, climb the pocket and look off the defense.

when SP was suspended Drew still passed for over 5k yards and 40tds. there was no dropoff. the record was 7-9 that year, no difference from the past 3 seasons. What exactly does SP do that Pete does not?
As for the other question, some people are not cut out to be head coaches. Doesn't mean Pete isn't just as good a playcaller as SP is.

I hope that the Saints remember that when SP finally does retire. I fear that they may try to move Carmichael into the HC job. I think that would be a bad move.

I hope that the Saints remember that when SP finally does retire. I fear that they may try to move Carmichael into the HC job. I think that would be a bad move.

I don't know. Carmichael didn't even want to take the HC role when Payton was suspended. Maybe he'll have grown as a coach by then or something and things could be different, but he seems to be happy being a behind the scenes, game planning and coaching kinda guy who doesn't want the hassles that come with being the head coach. 2012 was a golden opportunity for him to be showcased as a head coaching candidate for the rest of the league since Payton was gone no matter what for that year and he didn't want anything to do with it.

Just an observation on the quoted stat about the football team.

Forgot defense doesn't matter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom