Why did Troy Aikman keep saying... (1 Viewer)

Just once, I wish ANY one of the duo of announcers when their booth partner says something completely off base would turn to them and say, "Did you even SEE that game?" Lots of them would have many opportunities to say it, not just Buck-Aikman ...

Like just once I'd like Al Michaels make Collinsworth admit that he refuses to acknowledge the existence of at least half of the teams in the NFL and/or his outright bias/hatred of teams like the Saints. We all have biases but just admit it.

Well, Brees was under pressure a lot against the Lions. I think two of those TD passes were "on the run" so to speak. The Lions got a lot of pressure on Brees, it just didn't affect him.

This.

Aikman was right. They didn't play that well as far as pass protection goes. Brees just does an excellent job manipulating the pocket. Most other QBs would have been sacked multiple times.

I'm no Aikman fan, but the cruel comments and automatic assumption that he's bias against the Saints is a thoughtless response. I mean he did play a few downs as a QB so at least give him some credit before bashing him imto the ground. How much experience do you have? Try to give his opinion ten seconds of meaningful thought as to why he might feel that way before you blow his head off.

I'd like to give Aikman the benefit of the doubt but he admitted during the broadcast he didn't "expect" the Saints to play well against the Eagles defense. He came in with a prejudice against the Saints.

Further, he complimented Kolb's play even after the horrible interception that he threw which salted the game away.

He did compliment Brees and the Saints offense but I think overall he is very focused on the NFC East and his biases show too much for a national announcers who is on Fox's "#1 team".

I'm no Aikman fan, but the cruel comments and automatic assumption that he's bias against the Saints is a thoughtless response. I mean he did play a few downs as a QB so at least give him some credit before bashing him imto the ground. How much experience do you have? Try to give his opinion ten seconds of meaningful thought as to why he might feel that way before you blow his head off.

Your avatar is giving me thoughtless responses. HI YO!

Aikman's bias isn't an assumption, it's a fact that can be proven by listening to the Eagles game broadcase available on the Classic Games/2009 Game Videos thread at the top of the stickied threads. I rewatched the second half earlier this week and was astonished by his very clear bias against the Saints. IMO it borders on unprofessional. Go give it a listen.

Aikman's bias isn't an assumption, it's a fact that can be proven by listening to the Eagles game broadcase available on the Classic Games/2009 Game Videos thread at the top of the stickied threads. I rewatched the second half earlier this week and was astonished by his very clear bias against the Saints. IMO it borders on unprofessional. Go give it a listen.

It's hard for me to respond to your comment with having to go back and look at PANHANDLES avatar over and over, I hope that's a chick.. or I've got some time with Edie Falco coming.

If you think in any way that Troy is in any way not bias against all the teams that are not in the NFC east you are nuts or just too drunk to know better.:spit::spit::spit::spit::spit::spit:SAINTS RULE:9:

It's hard for me to respond to your comment with having to go back and look at PANHANDLES avatar over and over, I hope that's a chick.. or I've got some time with Edie Falco coming.

Yup, that's a chick. In my expert opinion, a rather young one at that. (?)

He wasn't covering Dallas, so he he had to make crap up...

It might have something to do with this...

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2009/sep/11/bc-fbn-nflcol-adv13da-_-sports-2600-words/?sports

Troy Aikman and Matthew Stafford share more than Highland Park addresses.

Both are quarterbacks. Both were first overall picks in NFL drafts. Both were named starters as rookies after their teams finished 3-1 in the preseason. And both will have made their NFL starting debuts at New Orleans against the Saints.

This is where Stafford hopes the similarities end. At least for a day, if not a season.

Aikman lost, 28-0, in his 1989 debut.

He also did not win a game in his rookie season, finishing 0-11.

Aikman threw for twice as many interceptions (18) as touchdowns (nine) and closed his rookie year with a passer efficiency rating of 55.7. He ranked 28th among the NFL's 28 starting quarterbacks.

It might have something to do with this...

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2009/sep/11/bc-fbn-nflcol-adv13da-_-sports-2600-words/?sports

Troy Aikman and Matthew Stafford share more than Highland Park addresses.

Both are quarterbacks. Both were first overall picks in NFL drafts. Both were named starters as rookies after their teams finished 3-1 in the preseason. And both will have made their NFL starting debuts at New Orleans against the Saints.

This is where Stafford hopes the similarities end. At least for a day, if not a season.

Aikman lost, 28-0, in his 1989 debut.

He also did not win a game in his rookie season, finishing 0-11.

Aikman threw for twice as many interceptions (18) as touchdowns (nine) and closed his rookie year with a passer efficiency rating of 55.7. He ranked 28th among the NFL's 28 starting quarterbacks.
That was SAINTLY.:saintshelmet:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom