Why did we invade Iraq? (1 Viewer)

Why did we invade Iraq?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DefKhan1

Formerly known as “Khan”
Reaction score
Now that we're supposedly "out" of Iraq, I figured I'd make a poll to get an idea of what people thought was our reason for going in, invading a sovereign country, in the process spending trillions of dollars and more than 4400 American young men.

I just never got it, so this is a sincere effort to clear up my confusion.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I meant to edit the poll to add oil, and other, but didn't know editing it wasn't an option.
Added. Let me know if you want them worded differently.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you add an option "oil and special interest lobbying".

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Establishing bases in the OIL region to allow us to displace our Desert Storm OIL bases which we had established in Saudi Arabia near the OIL and move them to a less objectionable area, farther away from Mecca, but closer to the OIL, so we could control the OIL and to deter Iran from gaining a strategic OIL advantage in controlling the OIL.

We are now at the OIL stage where we're establishing regional OIL power projection OIL bases which will allow us to quickly OIL and effectively OIL insert several hundred thousand OIL troops to protect the OIL region's OIL assets from any OIL threat.

The Isrealis will take care of the Iranians, if need be.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With whose army?
The Israelis worked over Congress, the media and the White house on Iraq as well, because it gives American control, and by extension Israeli influence over potentially the wealthiest and most miltiary powerful Arab nation in the Region, and puts a buffer there against the Haman and the Persians.

It will separate the Kurds from the Arabs and give Israel access to Kurdistan for running covert ops into Persia.

It will generally keep Iraq weak and divided for the foreseeable future.

Point to Israel.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i don't think it was oil... if it was, American companies would have gotten more drilling rights.
Ahhhh, my naive Muslim brother. You misunderstand that the powers that be don't care if they make their blood money through Amurkin companies or other multi-nationals. As long as the good old USA spends it's money and blood enriching them, they'll take the money in pesos, dollars, pounds or barrels.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom