Why did Xavier Rhodes fall? (1 Viewer)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
He's every bit the athletic prospect that Asomugha was, so does anyone know any draft rumors as to why he fell so far? Not just the saints, but why so many other teams passed on a player projected in the top 15.

Open question.:idunno:

I don't have a clue, except teams were drafting for need ahead of where he was picked.

Big CBs are hard to find, and they are badly needed to line up against big NFL receivers. Xavier Rhodes filled that bill.

He probably fell due to the run on OLs. There are a lot of good prospects on the board left as a result. Some of the linemen shouldn't have gone nearly as high as they did, the Cowboys pick for example.

There was a run of strange picks... thanks to picks like the Raiders taking DJ Hayden... the Bills taking EJ Manuel... the Bears taking Long... the Niners trading up for Eric Reid... there were alot of head-scratching moves last night.

He still went in the 1st round though so that's good for him.

He probably fell due to the run on OLs. There are a lot of good prospects on the board left as a result. Some of the linemen shouldn't have gone nearly as high as they did, the Cowboys pick for example.
Bears pick as well.

Cowboys pick was easily the worst of the night. He was projected in the 3rd. But moves like this make for better potentially value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

There was a run of strange picks... thanks to picks like the Raiders taking DJ Hayden... the Bills taking EJ Manuel... the Bears taking Long... the Niners trading up for Eric Reid... there were alot of head-scratching moves last night.

He still went in the 1st round though so that's good for him.

Reid was projected as a f mid-late 1st rounder. He wasn't too much of a stretch. But they probably weren't expecting us to take Vaccaro. Had we not, Reid would probably have fallen a little farther. They must have made the move to jump someone they expected to go Safety.

He fell because a lot of other players fell. And that was because of the abundance of olineman taken early on. I thought Geno and Teo would for sure go on the 1st.

I don't think he fell, I saw him as an outside the top 20 prospect.

I don't think he fell, I saw him as an outside the top 20 prospect.

Which corners/secondary players did you have above him?

Trufant
Reid
Vaccaro
Hayden
and Milliner

all were drafted before Rhodes.

I don't think Hayden was a reach, I read several evaluators say he was the best CB in the draft, people were just scared about the life-threatening injury he had, bit his talent is apparent,y through the roof.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom