Why didn't Dak just run the play vs trying to spike it? (2 Viewers)

If Dak laterals the ball out of bounds right before being tackled, it stops the clock instantly.

terrific point here

money can't buy happiness and apparently an offense worth a damn come playoff time
One of the reasons why I wanted to see us jus get into the playoffs!

Cause You neva kno!

Had the Rams won, we’d a been playin em! N I heard the they might b without both their starters at S!

See, once again, ya neva kno!

😂😂😂

3. Hand to ref ….WHOM YOU TOLD BEFORE THE PLAY to expect it.
I don't like cherry picking,but I do have a question. A friend of mine told me earlier the NFL issued a statement saying
it was the umpires responsibility . The ref can't spot it. I did a quick google and all I got was a blurb saying the umpire
is responsible since his job is watching line play for holding calls. They usually line up behind the LB'ers,but they can
also line up in the backfield. I'm assuming the umpire was there due how the game was being played. Behind the
linebackers is a place where an old man can get hurt when a hurry up offense is being run.

If they didn't know that rule, then McCarthy should be fired and Dak cut. That rule was on display earlier in the game when the 9ers snapped the ball on the 4th and inches and got flagged because the ref wasn't set.
they got flagged because the right end wasnt set

Jimmy G called for the ball too soon before his shifting linemen was able to set himself for a complete second

I don't like cherry picking,but I do have a question. A friend of mine told me earlier the NFL issued a statement saying
it was the umpires responsibility . The ref can't spot it. I did a quick google and all I got was a blurb saying the umpire
is responsible since his job is watching line play for holding calls. They usually line up behind the LB'ers,but they can
also line up in the backfield. I'm assuming the umpire was there due how the game was being played. Behind the
linebackers is a place where an old man can get hurt when a hurry up offense is being run.
correct they changed that rule long ago for that very reason, it was putting refs in precarious positions coming from the LB part of the field

the back judge has to spot it

but he's got his regular duties to look for O-line holding on the play and unfortunately he's nearly 10 yards behind the LOS when the play starts

That's a good shot of the ball still on the ground at triple zeros. Plus, they were lined up in the neutral zone, would have been a penalty if they had gotten it off in time, 10 sec run off, game over again.
who is lined up in the neutral zone? the center, lol?

lining up in the neutral zone is a penalty reserved for the defense

who is lined up in the neutral zone?
Almost the entire line. Run the footage, when the Center grabs the ball, he moves it about a foot outwards, they always do. You move that ball to where the Ump placed it, and they are all in the neutral zone. When the Ump placed it, the Center had to actually back up, no one else on the line did that.

Almost the entire line. Run the footage, when the Center grabs the ball, he moves it about a foot outwards, they always do. You move that ball to where the Ump placed it, and they are all in the neutral zone. When the Ump placed it, the Center had to actually back up, no one else on the line did that.
gotcha, although it appears the center positioned the ball in such a way they wouldn't have called that penalty

it does look a bit unorthodox as the center should appear to be about a quarter to a half yard forward of the rest of the line, in this case they are all lined up even with the ball only slightly ahead

Jimmy G called for the ball too soon before his shifting linemen was able to set himself for a complete

Jimmy G called for the ball too soon before his shifting linemen was able to set himself for a complete second
Not disputing the after effects but I'm pretty sure the commentators said that the refs weren't set yet. My apologies if I'm wrong.

Dak started his slide at the 25, then the center placed the ball on the 23. After the ref fought his way thru the O line, he replaced the ball on the 24 in an attempt to give the boyz a chance. If he had made them (O line) move back to the 25, like he should have, it wouldn't even had been as close as it was. And don't say, as I've read some on here say, that they should have stopped the clock for him to place the ball. That's not how it works. Dak should have gotten down at the 30, that would have put the ref closer to the play, and they would have had another two ticks on the clock. Poor clock management/awareness by the QB does not necessitate an emergency on the part of the officials.
And that ref was trying his arse off to spot that ball.

If Dak laterals the ball out of bounds right before being tackled, it stops the clock instantly.
That is illegal and penalty will be called and the game world be over since its under 10 seconds..

Are you saying that an olineman can line up past the line of scrimmage and not be called offsides?
none of those linemen are past the LOS, they may unusually close to the LOS, but that's about it

regarding any penalty, it certainly would not be referred to as a neutral zone infraction on the offense, that's reserved for the defense, I guess they would declare "illegal procedure"

I've never heard of the offense called for that kind of infraction.

Did you not see the ref move the ball back almost a yard, but the line stayed where they are? If they are 1/2 yard past the ball, they are offsides in the natural zone..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom