Why didn't Obama visit Mississippi's hurricane damaged areas? (1 Viewer)

probably wanted to keep out some of the folks seen on townhall and tea party footage, which is understandable when trying to foster a productive session. its seemed to me that local people were represented and they voiced real concerns, at times Obama got pressed pretty good. he got hit with a couple hard questions that he was not prepared for (rising domestic violence rate after Katrina), while other times it almost felt like a talk radio show where you arent sure what the caller is saying. it was a less scripted format than one would typically expect

it may have come across that way, but you know his staff got to review all questions asked.

Also the fact that both states have republican governors would have no bearing on the photo ops right? right!:9:

Before proffering my theory, I thought I'd read the thread and I got here. At this point, I'm going to suggest that because Bush spent so much time and money in MS, Obama is going to *** for tat his NOLA visits.

I have no basis for my thoughts.

To answer the question in the title, I say this: If you are going to visit the storm damaged Gulf South, wouldn't you most likely visit the largest city?
New Orleans has the largest population and is the most famous city that was damaged by Katrina. I have no problem with our President on this topic.

I think we should all be proud of the fact that his trip is refocusing our nation upon the fact that there has been a great deal of progress made down here and there is still work to be done.

I understand, some will say that enough has not been done. I would counter: one step at a time.

I agree that the bigger issue is that the President seems to be focused on Federal response to disasters, not disaster prevention. New Orleans can't handle another "disaster response" or "recovery". It desperately needs "disaster prevention" which, by the way, would dovetail wonderfully into his enviromental platform.

Somehow that's gotten lost. This point was attempted to be made in the last "Obama to New Orleans" thread, instead people decided to discuss the olympics.

So given that a New Orleans board can't focus on the actual issue, I guess I shouldn't be suprised that the President can't either.

To answer the question in the title, I say this: If you are going to visit the storm damaged Gulf South, wouldn't you most likely visit the largest city?
New Orleans has the largest population and is the most famous city that was damaged by Katrina. I have no problem with our President on this topic.

i cannot believe i'm going to do this-- but i think that St. Matt makes a great point, and i think you can end the thread on this.

+ rep

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom