Why didn't Obama visit Mississippi's hurricane damaged areas? (1 Viewer)

cue the same people who were complaining about Obama coming to New Orleans now complaining that he didn't visit Mississippi

FWIW, I wish he would have. And I wish he would have stayed in New Orleans longer.

He hates Mississippi! Because their name takes up too much room on his TelePrompter.

What do they expect Obama to do if he visits the devastated areas? Lay his hands on the levee and miraculously give us SUPER LEVEES? I mean, he already toured them. What good is going back going to do??

Wouldnt you rather he stop by, talk to local leaders to get info on how to make things better, and then act on that???

cue the same people who were complaining about Obama coming to New Orleans now complaining that he didn't visit Mississippi

FWIW, I wish he would have. And I wish he would have stayed in New Orleans longer.
I think he should have stayed longer and had a couple of hurricanes then could have gone drop some change at one of local strip clubs. Our strippers need all the support they can get in this economic downturn. It's not just the white collar and blue collars feeling the pain, it's the no collars(or clothes) too.:9:

I don't know why he didn't visit Mississippi and I believe that he should have stayed overnight to tour the entire region, even though it would have little more substance than a photo op.

However, I can confidently say that it wasn't a personal snub at Mississippi nor was it proof that he is unaware that the region still needs rebuilding.

They were discussing this a bit on CNN. I have my opinions. I'd like to see what others think.
Why didn't he go down to the wetlands and bring attention to the vanishing coast, which is the real problem about which Washington is doing nothing of consequence as they twaddle away $2 trillion in "stimulus spending?"

What a joke.

As a Ms coast resident, I welcome any attention to our rebuilding effort and money that might bring. Having said that, Louisiana faces a completely different set of challenges and needs a major infusion of federal money to meet them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom