Why didn't the Bears put Chase in? (1 Viewer)

fdl16

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Was it just a matter of how much they've invested in Trubisky? From the little I had seen of the Bears up until yesterday, Chase clearly seemed like the better QB.

Was it just a matter of how much they've invested in Trubisky? From the little I had seen of the Bears up until yesterday, Chase clearly seemed like the better QB.
I'll say this.. as well as our defense played -- there were opportunities for the Bears and Trubisky flat-out missed on several throws. The pressure was great and maybe he didn;t want to risk getting his injured shoulder dinged, but there were some scramble lanes on several plays and a few times where the receivers got behind our coverage and a half-decent throw would have gotten them big yards.

Maybe Chase would have hit those passes or taken those scrambles. All I know is -- it couldn't have been worse than what Mitch did.

The Bears traded up for Mitch. In a draft that saw Watson and Mahomes go after.

That's a legacy that Mitch will be fighting for the remainder of his career.

Last edited:
In my crazy thought last week, I was a little worried if Chase was still going to play. When Trubisky was starting, I knew there were going to be rust, especially coming back from shoulder injury.

"The Bears traded the Nos. 3, 67 and 111 picks, as well as a 2018 third-round pick, to San Francisco for the second overall pick. "

Maybe you've heard of the guy that was picked at 67. Alvin Kamara. ?

Combine that with the fact that they passed over Mahomes and Watson and you can get an idea of the heat that is on Ryan Pace to justify the pick.

"The Bears traded the Nos. 3, 67 and 111 picks, as well as a 2018 third-round pick, to San Francisco for the second overall pick. "

Combine that with the fact that they passed over Mahomes and Watson and you can get an idea of the heat that is on Ryan Pace to justify the pick.
And the entire football world thought they were morons for making that trade with all the QB talent that was available. Especially for Mitch "I'm going by Mitchell now that I'm in the NFL" Trubisky of all of them.

Qa

Maybe you've heard of the guy that was picked at 67. Alvin Kamara. ?

Ryan Pace drafting like the 2014 Saints. Swing and big miss

Nagy at halftime was talking about how his offense has been anemic all season - it was a strange take, but seemingly a sign of resignation
what it tells me is that they have some __ yr plan for Mitch - they will give him whatever time they can to develop
pulling him might doom that development in exchange for a short term possibility with no guarantee it would be any better

It's all because Trubisky was the 2nd pick.

Nagy at halftime was talking about how his offense has been anemic all season - it was a strange take, but seemingly a sign of resignation
what it tells me is that they have some __ yr plan for Mitch - they will give him whatever time they can to develop
pulling him might doom that development in exchange for a short term possibility with no guarantee it would be any better

It just looks like he doesn't have "it". Maybe he needs a different coach. Maybe it's the scheme. It just seems like the game is too big for him. Nagy and Pace are in a really bad spot. They have a defense that can compete but an offense that can't do much of anything. It's a recipe for 7-9 purgatory. Sort of a flip-side to what Brees/Payton experienced from 2014-16.

It just looks like he doesn't have "it". Maybe he needs a different coach. Maybe it's the scheme. It just seems like the game is too big for him. Nagy and Pace are in a really bad spot. They have a defense that can compete but an offense that can't do much of anything. It's a recipe for 7-9 purgatory. Sort of a flip-side to what Brees/Payton experienced from 2014-16.
yeah it is a bad spot - i'm sure the building probably assumes this is all they're going to get from Mitch and are just hoping a switch turns on
but even if they know he's not the one, what do they do? who do they get?
they're stuck for at least another 2 years

In my crazy thought last week, I was a little worried if Chase was still going to play. When Trubisky was starting, I knew there were going to be rust, especially coming back from shoulder injury.

This is the main reason I want Drew to get at least some reps against Cardinals. It is not like he just missed a couple of games and practices...he has missed over 5 weeks of practices & games. Would rather him get the game feel back before we head into the division stretch of games. As bad as Atlanta is, you know they are going to be fired up for that game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom