Why do all you LSU fans think if Dorsey (1 Viewer)

I'm sorry did I hurt your fellings? I said it because it seems to be true. I was not attacking LSU fans.

a healthy dorsey is gone before number ten, and rightfully so. if he falls ala quinn I'd be suprised. need more than just pressure off the edge, dorsey brings it up the gut better than anyone else in the draft as long as he's not on the IR.

Dorsey will drop because several other DLinemen stocks are rising and these players don't have the past injury history that Dorsey has. No one will invest top money into a guy that can't stay on the field.

If gay is successful at starting CB next year it will because we're getting pressure on the QB. Gay last year on our defense = David last year on our defense.

you are correct by saying that if we have any semblance of a pass rush that Gay will be succesful, but you are way off as saying that Gay is the equivalent of David. had Gay played in our defense last year he may have had some struggles, but no where near the struggles of David. David was clearly exposed as system player (Cover 2) his technique and habits were that off a zone CB and as we know and was well documented last year that we play mostly man. David's undoing was that he couldn't shake his own bad habits and when he didn't revert to them actually showed flashes of being a decent player. but way too often he was playing like he would in a Cover 2 scheme. you cannot have one guy playing Zone while the rest of the Secondary is in Man. i believe Gay would have played much better in our Man system because he played mostly man in college and with Patriots they played everything and even had him blitz, something i'd like to see the Saints do which we haven't seen since Haz 2nd year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom