Why do all you LSU fans think if Dorsey (1 Viewer)

2cmorgan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
does fall to 10 that if we pick him that are defense is Super Bowl caliber or we will be in the Super Bowl? I know he and Ellis are studs but the next 2 or 3 DT are pretty good and with our 3 DE's playing better. We could use the extrs picks.

does fall to 10 that if we pick him that are defense is Super Bowl caliber or we will be in the Super Bowl? I know he and Ellis are studs but the next 2 or 3 DT are pretty good and with our 3 DE's playing better. We could use the extrs picks.

Err, umm... maybe this will refresh your memory (take a look):
Link: YouTube - The Ultimate Glenn Dorsey Video

:gosaints:

If we get Doresy or Ellis, Will Smith could easily have a 16 sack season. Add Charles Grant and Bobby Mccray to the mix, and with Ed Orgeron coaching them up, we might have one of the best D-lines in the NFL.

Who said we would? I must have missed that, otherwise your thread would be pointless.

Scary that a big man like that can move that fast. Whew! I felt bad for that one running back he picked up.

He may be damaged goods. That's why he's dropping.

Dude no one posted that. But you can't tell me Dorsey would not immediatly improve our d line. are you like a buckeye fan and is still mad because the sec whooped yall's *** 2 years in a row in the National Championship game?

i have been waiting for this too happen, those LSU haters on this board will eventually claim that Dorsey would be a homer pick and he is over rated. It is just impossible for them to even fathom that a LSU player could possibly be the right choice in round one. It was obvious in college that he can not be guarded man to man, he demands double and triple teams. If they play him man to man in the pros he will get to the QB 7 times out of 10, and if they double him Smith and/or Grant will have career years. Dorsey is an all world DT prospect and is the pick at 10 if he is available.

Listen: Balmer, Laws, and Sims are all very good, but Dorsey and Ellis are both just scary good. The gap between them really is that big. Now both of them will face a learning curve in the NFL just like any player, but both of them also are so strong and so fast (for big linemen that is) that their curve will be less because their inert abilities will help them overcome some of the inevitable mental errors.
I'm not saying we'll definitely be Super Bowl bound because one of them is in there, but they will be a huge step in that direction.

Personally, I think we would be a playoff caliber defense with a Dorsey or Ellis added too the defensive line..... Super Bowl Caliber?? I still have my doubts..... the LBs and DBs still have too prove themselves before we can mention this defense as Super Bowl Caliber.....

Who cares what college the pick went too, adding Dorsey would be the best pick if he is still there and 6 or 7 teams that picked ahead of us will be kicking themselves by week 6 in 2008..... thinking why did we let a silly injury keep us from selecting Dorsey.....

A) They realize just how good Dorsey is.

B) They don't realize we are not very good in the secondary

C) Our defense does not have to be all world to be Super Bowl caliber because of our offense.

Again:

Who said we would? I must have missed that, otherwise your thread would be pointless.

Dorsey is the Dream pick, wow I would celebrate for a while if we got him. He Dominates from the Middle, everybody needs that on their team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom