Why do Bluetooth ear buds ALWAYS pick the wrong device? (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I could be at the front door putting on my walking ear buds - iPhone 2 ft away - but it will connect to the Echo in the kitchen 5 rooms away

doesn’t matter the device, doesn’t matter the speaker/buds - if Bluetooth has a choice it will ALWAYS get it wrong ?!?!?!?!?

One really good thing about AirPods is they switch to iPad iPhone or my iPod depending on which is in use. I am not sure that alone makes them worth the money but it is nice.

I could be at the front door putting on my walking ear buds - iPhone 2 ft away - but it will connect to the Echo in the kitchen 5 rooms away

doesn’t matter the device, doesn’t matter the speaker/buds - if Bluetooth has a choice it will ALWAYS get it wrong ?!?!?!?!?
First world problems

It's like how the radio in my car will be connected to and streaming music from my phone and if my wife's phone rings, my radio kicks my phone off to answer hers

It's like it understands marriage

I use the noise cancel in the morning on weekends to get an extra hour of sleep when the kids are up. Invariably at some point, one of them turns on a device and I get youtube kids or cartoons blasted in my ears.

It's not ideal.

that’s what my 20 inch lasco 747 fan is for. I have missed out on gunfire from the neighbors house before. (Not joking)

that’s what my 20 inch lasco 747 fan is for. I have missed out on gunfire from the neighbors house before. (Not joking)

No thanks, those things are the meth of sleep aids. I have seen people bug out, cry, make trips to the all-night store to find one so they can sleep. Not gonna play around with that.

My friend…Radj…would like to know more due to random neighbor dogs.

I think in that case, it's more that Amazon had likely programmed the echos to take priority. If I turn my sound bar to blue tooth, my echo always connects.

Oitside of that, usually things will just connect to the last thing they were connected to. Where it gets fun is the battle between your phone and PC (especially work) in the Era of webex/zoom/teams.

I've learned to take the extra minute and verify which device my headphones connected to.

No thanks, those things are the meth of sleep aids. I have seen people bug out, cry, make trips to the all-night store to find one so they can sleep. Not gonna play around with that.
Then be fancier... get a blue HEPA filter for your bedroom and turn it on high.

We have a fan. But not for noise, for wind to sleep cooler. I did start using various background noise apps on my Echo dot. Ocean sounds, thunderstorms, coqui frogs..

It helps my wife. I'm still sort of a light sleeper with or without noise.

It helps that my kids are older, but the 19 yr old had no concept of quiet. He wakes up at 5 or 6am often, and plays shows on his phone, full blast. He has nice Bluetooth headphones, plug ins, and had nice BT earbuds. Nope... use the loud awful phone speakers...

My room is set up to at least not hear that.

I wake up, open the door and hear it... for some reason, I have an irrational hatred of him playing that so loud in his room. I'm on the couch, trying to quietly drink some coffee or water.... 80% of the time, I tell him to turn it down or use headphones.

But later in the day, they're both on headphones and can't hear us call for them...lol.

Kids... lose.lose. haha

Without reading a thing in this thread, I just want to say Bluetooth usually does it right but if you want to eliminate all that technomoligical stuff that doesn’t quite work like some incredible magic every single time then use a wire.

It works pretty ok for me, like ‘how is this possible?’ ok for me, and if you haven’t watched Patriots Day on Netflix, that’s a really good movie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom