Why do I have a feeling Saints going cheap in free agency (1 Viewer)

Bankai

Very Banned
Reaction score
Ian Gold and Dan Morgan, you got to be kiding me. Start using more money benson. Here me out. Where is Vilma?

Last edited:
Well I really don't see us being real contenders for Briggs or Asante.

i have no clue why u feel that way considering we have been interested in every player thats on the trading block! i for one am loving the fact we are showing interest in so many players for a change!

Define cheap. I don't see us giving cap-busting deals to guys like Samuel or Briggs when we still need to focus on new deals for some of our young guys.

However, I would bet we'll make a push for a couple guys at need positions. Fortunately, or FO has shown they're willing to be creative (trading for McKenzie, making a serious run at Dre Bly) to fill holes, so I'm confident they'll bring in some help. But I don't expect (nor hope) that we'll break the bank on any one player.

benson gets a bad rap on be cheap. he pays out some of the most bonus money every year! people need to back off of him!

It won't take cash to land Vilma. Look at our roster, we have no players that we can give up that are worth anything to them. It will cost us draft picks. I can see why me might be hesitant to give up a mid rounder for him.

Its just a very slim FA as far as big namers go. Briggs, Samuel........?

We're not signing them because 1) FA hasn't started yet and 2) there's not really anyone out there.

The problem is the market. The franchise tag took several very good targets for us off the market. Briggs and Samuel will be out of the stratosphere expensive, and the 49ers have had Briggs locked up for a while anyway. Beyond that, there is no real mid to high defensive prospects, besides Drayton Florence, who I think we will sign. Name the LB or DT we should be going after...

Ian Gold and Dan Morgan, you got to be kiding me. Start using more money benson. Here me out. Where is Vilma?

Vilma is under contract so they can't sign him unless the jets trade him or cut him. What would you trade for Vilma?

Players like Dan Morgan represent the only players we can sign at the moment. Our gameplan maybe to go cheap, but you wouldn't know yet. Why expose your lack of insight?

Beyond which, "Vilma" will cost all of $1.1 million dollars next year. Trading or not trading for him has precious little to do with how much he'll cost in 2008.

Spam, just write a one great post on the subject and then copy and past over and over again until the 29th.

It'll save you some time. :mwink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom