Why do I still feel angry? (2 Viewers)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I'm still feeling that pit in my stomach from the refs botching those calls and nearly costing us the game.

We won, but the NFL has to get better than this. It has to. You can not mess the clock up before half and cost us a legit FG opportunity and you can't call that garbage roughing call in that spot.

I'm sure my nerves just need a minute, but dang I was so ready to be infuriated and then Brees and Lutz pull off the miracle. That's some serious swing in emotions.

Que Que 6

Rookie
Reaction score
You lived through 2017 and 2018. This is par for the course.

Once Rankins and Onyemata get back, it changes everything. Plus, we always tighten up after the first 2 games.
Yeah,Rankins is the REAL MVP of the front 7. I know we have Cam. But that interior disruption PLUS sacks from the fat man???? MVP

Le_fleur_fan_78

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Great. Could we not give up a TD in 2 plays 13 seconds when the other team has 50 seconds on the clock and no timeouts?

Keep everything in front of you. Shouldn't be hard.
Yes, there were a couple of plays where our db's were trailing the receiver before the ball was out. Why?

fishing4food

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
The Saints won on paper but the defense lost,,,AGAIN.....The last drive from the Texans brought back horrible memories of the Vikings and Rams game. We have no prevent defense.

Broad St. Saint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Stop and think about all the times we take a lead then hand it back to the opponent and allow a miracle finish. I can't remember a time when they haven't given up a score. It's infuriating!
I think it's just harder to remember those occasions when the defense manages to prevent an opponent from winning with a last-second score. The ones that come to mind are against Carolina in the 2017 playoffs, against Philadelphia in the 2018 playoffs, and against the Falcons in last year's Saints OT win.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Saints won on paper but the defense lost,,,AGAIN.....The last drive from the Texans brought back horrible memories of the Vikings and Rams game. We have no prevent defense.
Seems more like we don't or won't use it in the right situations in the right way. It's thing with Allen.

Way too many examples of this and time to self examine his approach to these situations. What he does isn't working. Should never have as many of these late game quick scores going 75 yards in a few plays as we have given up over the last three years.

Last edited:

SaintsFanatic

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
People are actually complaining about the roughing the kicker call?

That's a call 100% of the time. Roughing the kicker? No. Running into the kicker? Yes. Same result, rekick.

You can't make contact with the kicker, period. A rookie made a rookie mistake. Stop looking at things through B&G glasses and stop complaining. Not a good look.

Ragin Caucasian

Back in Black & Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm mad that PJ Williams is in man coverage deep down the field at any point in the game. That should never ever happen.

Has Dennis Allen not seen the Falcons game tape from last year? He and Ken Crawley should never be defending anyone deep, EVER.

blackadder

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm mad that PJ Williams is in man coverage deep down the field at any point in the game. That should never ever happen.

Has Dennis Allen not seen the Falcons game tape from last year? He and Ken Crawley should never be defending anyone deep, EVER.
Crawley usually is in pretty good position man to man.

He just can't locate the ball and prevent the catch.

Jeff Miller

Shaw 1988, NYIT 2009
Reaction score
I missed the whole second half because I was too pissed the way the first half ended. Nothing has changed. **** the *** Apparently it was an epic second half and the refs tried to screw us again. I'm done. I just get mad now. It's not enjoyable. I lasted 1 half this season.
The ref's didn't screw anybody in the second half. Jesus people let it go. Its an imperfect game run by imperfect people, and when the Saints benefit from bad calls no one complains. Come on saints fans, grow up a little.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
People are actually complaining about the roughing the kicker call?

That's a call 100% of the time. Roughing the kicker? No. Running into the kicker? Yes. Same result, rekick.

You can't make contact with the kicker, period. A rookie made a rookie mistake. Stop looking at things through B&G glasses and stop complaining. Not a good look.
He flopped. He didn't get knocked over by a fully extended, sliding CGJ. Dude literally grazed his set feet. Roughing? no. Running into? No. Touching? Yes.

Jeff Miller

Shaw 1988, NYIT 2009
Reaction score
Great. Could we not give up a TD in 2 plays 13 seconds when the other team has 50 seconds on the clock and no timeouts?

Keep everything in front of you. Shouldn't be hard.
I can see where the Texans offense gave us problems. When we kept everything in front of us, the would get the first down on a medium yardage completion. When tried to take away the medium area, they out ran the DBS in man to man and some really great catches too when the man coverage was close.

Ironically, you can make the case the only reason we had a chance to win the game was because we let them score too quickly.

blackadder

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The defense actually played pretty good... if you take out all the 3rd and longs they gave up.... AND the last prevent D series. Lol. I don't understand how a NFL Defense can be so consistent at failing to get off the field on 3rd and long.

Also, you can't call it a PREVENT Defense if it fails to PREVENT the ONE thing it is supposed to PREVENT! LMAO. It's not like they took 10-15 yard chunks like a prevent is supposed to give up.
It wasn't really prevent. They didn't have multiple safeties close to the middle of the field with everyone playing back to keep things in front of them.

There was no one in the middle of the field and you ended up with PJ Williams 1 on 1. Don't know if Marcus WIlliams had a brain flatulence and dropped out of the middle on purpose or this was one of Allen's designs so clever that he outsmarts himself but if you wanted to call a defense that gave the highest probability for the Texans to score what Allen called would be an option.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom