Why do I still feel angry? (1 Viewer)

I'm still feeling that pit in my stomach from the refs botching those calls and nearly costing us the game.

We won, but the NFL has to get better than this. It has to. You can not mess the clock up before half and cost us a legit FG opportunity and you can't call that garbage roughing call in that spot.

I'm sure my nerves just need a minute, but dang I was so ready to be infuriated and then Brees and Lutz pull off the miracle. That's some serious swing in emotions.

In a game of this magnitude to NOT HAVE New York buzz in is inexcusable.

They have entirely too many eyes on this to not get right

Yup. Leading by three with less than two minutes left and you let their best receiver run free on a go route? Dumb and how you get beat in a last second “heartbreaking” loss. If not for Lutz’s monster leg this would’ve been just another last second loss. I’m happy with win but did they have to make it that interesting?

It’s Watson bro it’s only so much you can do against a player of his caliber
What lol? So you’re basically saying because Watson is a talented player it’s acceptable as to what we saw on defense for large portions of the game and especially their final TD drive where they went the distance of the field in 2 plays?

It’s what the NFL wants. They want games that are close and thrilling right up to the very last play. They want games that go over their timeslots, sell more advertising, and have closer betting lines. They want action!

Unfortunately that means calling things wrong or one-sided or whatever level of conspiracy theory you’re willing to accept.

I almost like it because I don’t have to be as emotionally invested in the game when I know it’s some Halfbaked harebrained cockamamie goofball semi reality television show. I honestly spend the majority of the game trying to guess what general stupidity will happen next, and I’m rarely disappointed.

We can start a thread Wednesday on why Dennis Allen can't defend the endzone with 45 seconds left and no timeouts for the offense....

Come on man...this is a recurring thing for outcomes of such low odds.
So the odds change with the players on the field.

If you don't think Watson and Hopkins are extremely talented, then your defensive ire is blinding you.

Watson is a fantastic QB with mobility and arm strength and vision. Couple that with Hopkins and Fuller and your back end is under much pressure.

There is maybe one other team that could pull that off in the NFL. One. And we wouldn't see them til SB

Heck, I normally see ref calls go both ways so someone help me out if I’m wrong. Name one judgement call this whole game the refs sided with the Saints on.

The DB on the crazy Fuller catch clearly interfered with him. Lattimore hit Hopkins early on that 3rd down play that was a foot short of the first down that they reviewed. Ramczyk held pretty badly on one of the big Kamara runs with no flag.

The only thing that was egregious was the clock thing. The roughing the kicker was dumb, but it was a "by-the-book" call. The short spot on CGM's catch would have been corrected after the review and no big deal, minus the clock issue.

The refs were inconsistent tonight but it was both ways.

This is the best kind of first season game. Have plenty to criticize and coach up - on offense and defense (hell, special teams too) - but still get the win.

Williams and Apple are always going to be targets. So long as this isn't addressed somehow, it will be a problem. Run defense got better as the game progressed. 6 sacks and playing angry though, is something that I am happy to see with this D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom