Why do I still feel angry? (1 Viewer)

I feel angry at the Refs absolutely but I also feel angry at how the defense gave up a crucial touchdown in 2 plays right at the end of the game. Denis Allens prevent Defense is the worst I have ever seen and without doubt the worst in the league. Seen it happen way too often now.
Yea I will give you too often, but Watson and Hopkins will do that all year. Houston is a great team and we won!

The DB on the crazy Fuller catch clearly interfered with him. Lattimore hit Hopkins early on that 3rd down play that was a foot short of the first down that they reviewed. Ramczyk held pretty badly on one of the big Kamara runs with no flag.

The only thing that was egregious was the clock thing. The roughing the kicker was dumb, but it was a "by-the-book" call. The short spot on CGM's catch would have been corrected after the review and no big deal, minus the clock issue.

The refs were inconsistent tonight but it was both ways.

And if they get the clock right we have 15 extra seconds to get inside a 57 yd FG.

Which changes the score and them needing TD AND ONSIDE recovery.

Those types of calls HAVE to be right at this level.

I'm still feeling that pit in my stomach from the refs botching those calls and nearly costing us the game.

We won, but the NFL has to get better than this. It has to. You can not mess the clock up before half and cost us a legit FG opportunity and you can't call that garbage roughing call in that spot.

I'm sure my nerves just need a minute, but dang I was so ready to be infuriated and then Brees and Lutz pull off the miracle. That's some serious swing in emotions.

Stole almost twenty seconds from us before the half. We could have got a TD or closer field goal at minimum. Then the roughing the kicker penalty on Gardner johnson for touching his foot after he kicked the ball and both feet were on the ground was bogus. Also mad once again that secondary allowed Nuke Hopkins to get behind them with seconds left.

Completely my fault for saying pass rush. Pass rush played great. Trey > Davenport as of right now.

I'm just letting the performance of the secondary tonight to not allow me to think straight. --This problem right here is not a fluke, take it or leave it. It has consistently showed up every season where it's starting to become a real legit issue for concern.

No one can seriously defend the secondary and make an argument for all the 3rd and longs they have given up throughout the last few seasons. I'm just calling it like I see it.

Last edited:
The defense actually played pretty good... if you take out all the 3rd and longs they gave up.... AND the last prevent D series. Lol. I don't understand how a NFL Defense can be so consistent at failing to get off the field on 3rd and long.

Also, you can't call it a PREVENT Defense if it fails to PREVENT the ONE thing it is supposed to PREVENT! LMAO. It's not like they took 10-15 yard chunks like a prevent is supposed to give up.

That sieve defense with less than a minute probably didn't help.

If Beastmode, Vernon Davis, and Minnesota showed me anything, is that we HAVE to quit melting down at the last second. I’m happy we have Lutz but we have to protect our lead better at the end of games when winning by a small margin.

What lol? So you’re basically saying because Watson is a talented player it’s acceptable as to what we saw on defense for large portions of the game and especially their final TD drive where they went the distance of the field in 2 plays?
Against the best it happens lmao

Parry admitted in the booth that the 10 second runoff at the end of Mike's sideline catch for the first down should have been counted down from 42 seconds than the 26 second mark. Someone needs to correct that mess before they allow the officials to get it wrong.

But all in all the Saints were their own worst enemy in this game... not the officials. The refs didn’t do any worse than those in any other game around the league.

Last edited:
I feel angry at the Refs absolutely but I also feel angry at how the defense gave up a crucial touchdown in 2 plays right at the end of the game. Denis Allens prevent Defense is the worst I have ever seen and without doubt the worst in the league. Seen it happen way too often now.

Yep. Said the same thing in between vociferous swearing. To allow 2 long pass plays covering 75 yards with under a minute, no timeouts, and a TD is grossly inexcusable.

They had a whole offseason to examine how one sided they call Saints games, and decided the Saints don’t deserve any leeway.

Heck, they kept calling incomplete passes catches for Houston. They called Thomas short of the first down when he was obviously past it. I don’t think the Saints got one judgement call go their way.

It’s clear what the refs plan is, punish the Saints anyway they can.

There’s going to be no “Leeway” you think the refs say “hey don’t make that call remember last years championship game” ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom