Why do I still feel angry? (1 Viewer)

People are actually complaining about the roughing the kicker call?

That's a call 100% of the time. Roughing the kicker? No. Running into the kicker? Yes. Same result, rekick.

You can't make contact with the kicker, period. A rookie made a rookie mistake. Stop looking at things through B&G glasses and stop complaining. Not a good look.
He flopped. He didn't get knocked over by a fully extended, sliding CGJ. Dude literally grazed his set feet. Roughing? no. Running into? No. Touching? Yes.

Great. Could we not give up a TD in 2 plays 13 seconds when the other team has 50 seconds on the clock and no timeouts?

Keep everything in front of you. Shouldn't be hard.

I can see where the Texans offense gave us problems. When we kept everything in front of us, the would get the first down on a medium yardage completion. When tried to take away the medium area, they out ran the DBS in man to man and some really great catches too when the man coverage was close.

Ironically, you can make the case the only reason we had a chance to win the game was because we let them score too quickly.

The defense actually played pretty good... if you take out all the 3rd and longs they gave up.... AND the last prevent D series. Lol. I don't understand how a NFL Defense can be so consistent at failing to get off the field on 3rd and long.

Also, you can't call it a PREVENT Defense if it fails to PREVENT the ONE thing it is supposed to PREVENT! LMAO. It's not like they took 10-15 yard chunks like a prevent is supposed to give up.
It wasn't really prevent. They didn't have multiple safeties close to the middle of the field with everyone playing back to keep things in front of them.

There was no one in the middle of the field and you ended up with PJ Williams 1 on 1. Don't know if Marcus WIlliams had a brain flatulence and dropped out of the middle on purpose or this was one of Allen's designs so clever that he outsmarts himself but if you wanted to call a defense that gave the highest probability for the Texans to score what Allen called would be an option.

Last edited:
I am happy... I feel good.

A couple of weird calls, but it wasn't horrible. Unfortunately, these guys will be under the microscope all year long. They will not be completely forgiven... if you want to enjoy the game, you have to relax a bit. We came out on the good side. Enjoy it.

I can see where the Texans offense gave us problems. When we kept everything in front of us, the would get the first down on a medium yardage completion. When tried to take away the medium area, they out ran the DBS in man to man and some really great catches too when the man coverage was close.

Ironically, you can make the case the only reason we had a chance to win the game was because we let them score too quickly.

If they throw to the middle of the field, they burn around 15 seconds per play. So they would have been able to pull off 3 completions in the middle of the field, before setting up a last ditch TD throw. Yes there was a good chance they would have one last play in Saints territory to get TD but you take those odds.

Look at what happened on our possession. It took us 37 seconds with a timeout just to move into field goal range.

It’s what the NFL wants. They want games that are close and thrilling right up to the very last play. They want games that go over their timeslots, sell more advertising, and have closer betting lines. They want action!

Unfortunately that means calling things wrong or one-sided or whatever level of conspiracy theory you’re willing to accept.

I almost like it because I don’t have to be as emotionally invested in the game when I know it’s some Halfbaked harebrained cockamamie goofball semi reality television show. I honestly spend the majority of the game trying to guess what general stupidity will happen next, and I’m rarely disappointed.

I 100% agree with you.

The games are guided to this type of ending as much as they can.

I feel angry at the Refs absolutely but I also feel angry at how the defense gave up a crucial touchdown in 2 plays right at the end of the game. Denis Allens prevent Defense is the worst I have ever seen and without doubt the worst in the league. Seen it happen way too often now.
That wasn’t a prevent defense.

In a game of this magnitude to NOT HAVE New York buzz in is inexcusable.

They have entirely too many eyes on this to not get right
This is it. I read somewhere this morning that the game official was in real time conversation with New York during the fiasco right before half Does NOONE know the rules????? This is no longer a coincidence. Sorry but but we just missed it. Something is happening here

People are actually complaining about the roughing the kicker call?

That's a call 100% of the time. Roughing the kicker? No. Running into the kicker? Yes. Same result, rekick.

You can't make contact with the kicker, period. A rookie made a rookie mistake. Stop looking at things through B&G glasses and stop complaining. Not a good look.
I really don't even look at it as a horrible rookie mistake. The kid was laying out to make what seemed at the time to be a potentially game 'saving' play by trying to keep the score tied. What no one seems to want to remember that if he gets his hand(s) on the ball even a little, then the kicker (or punter) is fair game. And he was so close to making contact with the ball that if he had done so (and the PAT was still missed) he would possibly have been riding on the same shoulders that Lutz was later in the game.

The kid did what he was trained to do and almost made the play. He actually took a pretty good angle to the ball and came very close to missing the kicker altogether. I'm glad we have an athletic kid with that kind of potential when we may need a block to win a game later in the season and beyond.

Lets play our game and forget the refs-Revenge time! Every team gets hosed on bad calls every now and then. These posts are defeatist mindset. Geaux Saints!!!

My blood pressure goes up every time I see a pass interference called . I will never be the same.
I feel like I’m not the same either. Normally I’m the type of fan that screams and hollers for the defense and goes crazy but at the end of this game I found myself not wanting to bother because I felt like it was pointless because if the refs wanted to take it away from us they would, no matter what i was doing. It has made me a jaded fan. Maybe it’ll wear off over time but as of now I’m just not the same .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom