Why do so many people think Joe Burrow will be great in the NFL? (1 Viewer)

I don't think any Quarterback is a 'Sure thing'. Andrew Luck was a 'sure thing' but injuries derailed him. Ryan Leaf was a 'sure thing' and instead turned out to be one of the biggest draft busts of all time. Peyton Manning was about as close to a 'sure thing' as I remember and he had a great career. Then there are guys like Tom Brady and Drew Brees who flew under the radar and turned out to be two of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. It's all a crap shoot.

That surely is a guy that did not endure the true lean years?

As a guy that lived thru way too many dudes named Billy Joe that is the last thing I ever want.
I was there for Hebert, Fourcase, Hobert, Tolliver, Wuerffel, Everett, Blake, Brooks, Bouman, and Brees. No, I don't want to go back to that, but SP would never let that happen, even if we did mortgage the future to get Burrow. SP and Ireland undrafted free agents alone would get us to 5-11, alone, at worst every year.

I was there for Hebert, Fourcase, Hobert, Tolliver, Wuerffel, Everett, Blake, Brooks, Bouman, and Brees. No, I don't want to go back to that, but SP would never let that happen, even if we did mortgage the future to get Burrow. SP and Ireland undrafted free agents alone would get us to 5-11, alone, at worst every year.

Man the drugs you have are better than mine!

In essence you are saying add Joe subtract just about everyone and they win 5?

So you think Sean is worth five wins with sheetty talent? So does that mean drew is two wins better that Joe?

Accuracy, Accuracy, Accuracy, Accuracy !
ACCURACY IS KING!

Accuracy and Decision making/IQ are the 2 most important traits in a great QB imo and Burrow is elite in both. It annoys me when people talk about how strong an arm a QB has, he can throw lasers, has quick release, blah blah blah. Those are so insignificant really. Can he deliver that ball accurately and can he make the right decision in a timely manner? Burrow excels at both. My biggest concern about Burrow is can he perform like he has been if he goes under center.

To answer the OP....

Because Burrow just had the best season for a QB in the history of college football so it is not a stretch to think he may succeed in the NFL....

Of course it will also depend on his supporting cast....

Probably because he just had the best statistical season a college QB has ever had and did against a schedule which included seven top ten teams.

LSU fan or not the dude was amazing against the best competition.

I cannot what until the draft....Burrow is a great prospect. He could be Peyton, instant HOFer. He could be Eli. Good QB for a long time and absolutely not worth everything that's being said about him right now. Or he could be Archie, stuck with a bad team and never quite reaches his full potential. Unless you are positive he is Peyton, you don't trade away your entire team for him......sorry you don't. I think the odds of him being Peyton are remote.....More likely Eli or Matt Ryan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom