Saints Why do some here go to EXTREMES after a Saints’ loss? (1 Viewer)

It's always there, just below the surface for me. That little voice reminding me that they're still the Saints. And on a pretty regular basis they remind us. They've done or had done to them some the most bizarre carp I've ever seen on the field. Of the nine losses over the last three years at least six of them have been against teems that had no business being on the field or losing a game in the worst possible way. Losing to the Falcons last year for instance. Letting them recover three on side kicks.

I think once Brees is done we'll go right back to being competitive but nothing special. Payton will get fired or just move on when his contract is up. And I think that a lot of us (especially us old timers) have that fear that we'll revert to form and be like Detroit or Washington.

You’d think this was the 1-15 Saints of the1980 season.

Look, I get frustrated like many others. There were some embarrassing performances we displayed on MNF.

We have had notoriously SLOW starts since the ‘13 season, yet we have the best W-L record in the NFL over the past 3 seasons.

It’s OK to be upset AND point out flaws. But some of this overreacting needs to go to Fulton County GA.

Peace, out.

:gosaints:
Why do people come on here and profess the Saints are the next dynasty, after a win? You have to ask yourself that question as well to be fair. It is human emotion. FANatics should be enough for you to comprehend the answers to both questions.

It’s the flip side of going to EXTREMES after a win. If the Saints beat the Packers, the board will be talking “best team in the NFL” and making plans for the Superbowl again, don’t worry.
And this will be the over the top ridiculous swing of emotion the other way. The best way to be is, stay the course EMOTIONALLY and understand they are never as good, or as bad as their last game. But it is definitely tough, either way.

LOL

Not that I thought highly of your ranting posts over the last few days anyway, but you sure enough blew up any credibility you may have previously had with this post.

No play making defense in "at least" 5 years????

That would be 2015, yes?

As in, 7-9 2015?

As in, Brandon Browner and his multiple defensive holdings?

As in, giving up 47 points to the Redskins?

As in, having to score 52 points just to BARELY beat the Giants?

As in, being eliminated from any possible playoff contention by way of giving up 35 points to the Lions AT HOME on MNF?

I can only surmise that you and I have different definitions of a "play making defense". 😆

the 5 years was a number I just threw out there because it feels like forever, but the last time we had a playmaking defense was on February 7, 2010 in the super bowl.

You may not like what you call “ranting” posts over the last fees days, but everyone has a choice. Reply or don’t reply, these are only our own opinions. I call it as I see it, not how you see it unless you are the credibility police,

You’d think this was the 1-15 Saints of the1980 season.

Look, I get frustrated like many others. There were some embarrassing performances we displayed on MNF.

We have had notoriously SLOW starts since the ‘13 season, yet we have the best W-L record in the NFL over the past 3 seasons.

It’s OK to be upset AND point out flaws. But some of this overreacting needs to go to Fulton County GA.

Peace, out.

:gosaints:

Oh, IDK, maybe an increased sense of urgency due to Brees window closing fast? Or maybe it is hard to resolve losing to an inferior team when we know (even as fans) our team and coaching staff is capable of much, much better?

It's not like we lost a close game to KC or Balt or GB.....we got beat by 2 scores by a young but very average team that we were up by 10 early on....to me that is a legitimate cause for concern.

Not panicking yet as I think Brees and the team will bounce back but it has to be very soon....like this week.....

the 5 years was a number I just threw out there because it feels like forever, but the last time we had a playmaking defense was on February 7, 2010 in the super bowl.

You may not like what you call “ranting” posts over the last fees days, but everyone has a choice. Reply or don’t reply, these are only our own opinions. I call it as I see it, not how you see it unless you are the credibility police,
I would agree in the sense that most of the Saints significant failures since Superbowl Sunday in 2010 through the present have been due to the defensive side of the ball. (Special teams at times). Monday was not really different, except that had the flavor of just a bad game by everyone, with the exception of Kamara. Just haven't been able to put a complete defense on the field. Always some glaring weakness that is able to be exploited.

Usually either carnival or chaos. The sweet spot we should embrace is like your teenager using your car, returning it on time, full of gas, washed and your radio stations intact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom