Saints Why do some here go to EXTREMES after a Saints’ loss? (1 Viewer)

Because we’re seeing Brees’ decline and don’t want him to take the team down with him.

we see a frustrating season ahead of us.

because we would have won if we had kept teddy. CSP would have ran more with teddy. Or if taysom started we would have won as well. Sorry, forgot add Winston to the last sentence as well.

Or because some have been saying for a couple years Now that Brees lost the long ball and teams have figured us out, yet we do the same thing over and over
Stupid lost long ball!
Drew Brees BIG 46-yard completion to Jared Cook vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Last edited:
Some people choose not to ignore the storm on the horizon?

It's amplified this year due to it being such a rough year for so many people. We're all shut in, we're bored, and Football is just about the only thing I've looked forward to as a bright spot, or even as "normal". I know i've consumed MUCH more info regarding the Saints and football in general these past 6 months than I ever have in any year. I'm sure a lot of people are kind of in the same boat.

I didn't freak out after Monday, and I'm still not, but I kinda understand why so many are. More concentration/focus on something is probably gonna lead to more emotional reactions but I'm not a doctor or a science guy so hell idk.

Because we’re seeing Brees’ decline and don’t want him to take the team down with him.

we see a frustrating season ahead of us.

because we would have won if we had kept teddy. CSP would have ran more with teddy. Or if taysom started we would have won as well. Sorry, forgot add Winston to the last sentence as well.

Or because some have been saying for a couple years Now that Brees lost the long ball and teams have figured us out, yet we do the same thing over and over

Yeah going 13-3 with a playoff birth year after year, I can't take it anymore.

You mean win a bunch of games and the division?

yep, we’re the New England patriots of the NFC, but without all the rings. All of that means nothing if you keep getting wiped out in the playoffs because you keep the same dink and dunk offensive game plan. Our offensive game plan has regressed to the point we have to cover up our aging QB and we have zero quick strike ability.

Yeah going 13-3 with a playoff birth year after year, I can't take it anymore.
What years did we get the Lombardi? 13+3 and how many times have we been to the super bowl? 1 time with a powerhouse offense and playmaking defense. We haven’t had that in at least 5 years.

yep, we’re the New England patriots of the NFC, but without all the rings. All of that means nothing if you keep getting wiped out in the playoffs because you keep the same dink and dunk offensive game plan. Our offensive game plan has regressed to the point we have to cover up our aging QB and we have zero quick strike ability.

Of course it means something. Don't be ridiculous.

What years did we get the Lombardi? 13+3 and how many times have we been to the super bowl? 1 time with a powerhouse offense and playmaking defense. We haven’t had that in at least 5 years.

It's a crapshoot you just want a ticket and hope for good luck. Pretty rare to see a team dominate their way to a Superbowl. If you are expecting a Superbowl chances are you will be disappointed no matter who you root for.

Stupid lost long ball!
Drew Brees BIG 46-yard completion to Jared Cook vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

omg, you found a needle in a haystack. I think it had a punt hang time as well. I get Brees walks on water for some on the board. Unfortunately, he’s about knee deep in the water this season.

omg, you found a needle in a haystack. I think it had a punt hang time as well. I get Brees walks on water for some on the board. Unfortunately, he’s about knee deep in the water this season.
The thing about needles is, they have points.
Qb yds after 2 games
1. Josh Allen 729 2-0
2. Matt Ryan 723 0-2
3. Dak Prescott 716 1-1
4. Teddy B 636 0-2
5. Russell W 610 2-0
30. Drew Brees 472 1-1
31. Tom Brady 456 1-1
32. Mitch T 432 2-0

You must mean how TLL got wiped out in the last minutes in the NFCCG. Otherwise, I have yet to see us gotten beat badly in the playoffs.

It's amplified this year due to it being such a rough year for so many people. We're all shut in, we're bored, and Football is just about the only thing I've looked forward to as a bright spot, or even as "normal". I know i've consumed MUCH more info regarding the Saints and football in general these past 6 months than I ever have in any year. I'm sure a lot of people are kind of in the same boat.

I didn't freak out after Monday, and I'm still not, but I kinda understand why so many are. More concentration/focus on something is probably gonna lead to more emotional reactions but I'm not a doctor or a science guy so hell idk.

Good point and I would say it’s slightly political as well.
Unfortunately, people will quickly blame Drew this year, it’s almost like some are happy when he is struggling. Cause when we have the worst defense performance in maybe 20-30 games(?) and some posters blame it all in Drew and somehow forget to mention our poor defensive performance.

Well fans are going to be fanatics. It's tough because we're used to Drew being Breesus. So far this season he looks like an actual human being. He looks unsure of himself, timid, and indecisive. That's something this fan base has never seen. Even when Drew has had a terrible game, and he's had plenty, he's never looked like this.

Maybe these first two games were just him shaking off the rust and he'll go back to being a cyborg this week. Or maybe he's a 41 year old QB and this is the best he can do. Who knows?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom