Saints Why do some here go to EXTREMES after a Saints’ loss? (1 Viewer)

You’d think this was the 1-15 Saints of the1980 season.

Look, I get frustrated like many others. There were some embarrassing performances we displayed on MNF.

We have had notoriously SLOW starts since the ‘13 season, yet we have the best W-L record in the NFL over the past 3 seasons.

It’s OK to be upset AND point out flaws. But some of this overreacting needs to go to Fulton County GA.

Peace, out.

:gosaints:

There wasn't much of that going on 15-20 years ago. While there was plenty of constructive criticism it was rare that we would have an overreacting gloom and doomer appear, and before long the same would be shown the door, and by the members, no less.. Now, it's like a right of fandom to lose your mind as if it's the end of the world after a loss, and to bring the optimists back down to earth after a win. :rolleyes: I appreciate and welcome constructive criticism, but the extremely negative hot takes kill the atmosphere here, especially when the members bounce from thread to thread spewing their same vitriol laced takes.

-Andrus

Because we're fanATICS. We get too excited when we win, and too depressed when we lose. We get euphoric when we win, and when we lose, it's almost like someone took our euphoria away and we get mad. 🤬

Look, I get frustrated like many others. There were some embarrassing performances we displayed on MNF.

We have had notoriously SLOW starts since the ‘13 season, yet we have the best W-L record in the NFL over the past 3 seasons.

It’s OK to be upset AND point out flaws. But some of this overreacting needs to go to Fulton County GA.

Peace, out.

This was a win on many people schedule.....team not living up to expectation and hasn’t shown any growth yet.
all the while the same old problems-terribly timed penalties/injuries/officiating are still ever present...... I’m not sure how one can’t be extremely frustrated.

Most of you grasshoppers we're not around from the beginning...when Tulane Stadium was known for the best halftime shows in the NFL, and occasionally get to see some famous footballers you heard about as a kid. Was just thinking today about getting to see Sayers and Piccolo when their claim to fame was black n white players who were room mates and acted like brothers who liked each other a lot. Fun to watch too. So eventually seeing a good game and winning the division years later became my goal...still is today. Playoffs are an extended season to party some more. Whodat nation had a memorable run and I don't believe it's over, but there may be a pause in national adoration which is fine with me. Ima Whodat forever...

The word 'fan' derives from 'fanatic', just shows how much we care...

But a "fanatic" wouldn't let a loss turn them into all doom and gloom. You should almost be irrational when bad things happen and think everything will be fine. Otherwise, are you really that fanatical about the Saints? And no, I'm not saying people aren't fans if they think it's all over. I'm saying it makes no sense to feel that way after ONE game. I mean, we are 1-1, not 0-2.

Peace, out.

I think the frustration comes from not believing the team can win the SB this year. Most of the fans came with a SB or bust mentality for this season and it seems like it is going to be bust (maybe we go to the playoffs but winning SB this year from what we have seen is a very long shot).

I would feel more optimistic if the Saints lost 44-34. I'm concerned because the passing game looked terrible the last 3 games.

Peace, out.

It's a natural reaction. All fan bases do this.

For as much as we all want the same things, we want them for different reasons. Threads of this nature presumes everyone should be satisfied or satiated in the same fashion.

You think I want the exact same thing as you, in the exact same way. But a million people aren't gonna all agree on what ingredients make the perfect burger. We might all WANT a burger... But not the way you want yours.

Some see it as one game. Others see it as the first quarter of the season being halfway over. Some say it's fixable. Others say if it was - it'd already be fixed.

Some people just want to be entertained. Some people think it's all business. Some might be disappointed at a loss. Others might be devastated. Some need Brees to be great. Some just need him not to suck.

We're all built differently and have different expectations

FWIW, history favors the POV of the over-reactor.

There's people figuratively jumping off bridges
for sure, but there's always truth in consistency and it's sticking out like a sore thumb at this point. Teams don't fear the deep ball, and now they're all sitting on the throw at the first down marker. In a game that lives and dies on reaction times, that means everything. This inherently gives defenses advantages against the Saints.

Then you have the same QB that's lost you playoff games the last two of the years, all due to bad decisions. If he doesn't errant interceptions in the first half of the Vikings game, it isn't close - bad decisions . Then they got beat by a good Rams team with tossed up interception - bad decision. When you throw in bad decisions with no deep ball, you get the Raiders game every week. This isn't the same 1-1/0-2 Saints team of the last three seasons offensively. How are they going to move a ball on a good defense when they massively struggled against a mediocre one in the Raiders?

It's only going to worse when this team gets slaughtered by the Packers on Sunday.

Being negative all the time is the safe option. If you always say the worst will happen, then if it doesn't happen then good. A good thing happened. But if a bad thing happens, then you get to be right.

And this forum, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube comment sections, and most discourse these days are proof that no one wants to ever feel like they're wrong about anything.

1 time with a powerhouse offense and playmaking defense. We haven’t had that in at least 5 years.

LOL

Not that I thought highly of your ranting posts over the last few days anyway, but you sure enough blew up any credibility you may have previously had with this post.

No play making defense in "at least" 5 years????

That would be 2015, yes?

As in, 7-9 2015?

As in, Brandon Browner and his multiple defensive holdings?

As in, giving up 47 points to the Redskins?

As in, having to score 52 points just to BARELY beat the Giants?

As in, being eliminated from any possible playoff contention by way of giving up 35 points to the Lions AT HOME on MNF?

I can only surmise that you and I have different definitions of a "play making defense". 😆

I have a thought about this. Other than a few snatches of hope over the years, the Saints history was a long tale of woe and lamentation.

It wasn't until the Saints were reborn from the ashes of Katrina that we became something more. I think that 'doom and gloom' seed that lies in the heart and soul of every long-time Saints fan, given our history, is something that may always be there.

I would love it for someone who's well-versed in the field of psychology to do a study on Saints fans, both lifelong fans, and fans who came to know the Saints after Katrina. I think the differences in the mindsets, especially when it comes to processing disappointing or unexpected losses would be fascinating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom