Question Why do talented free agents shun the saints organization(OBJ, Jackson) (1 Viewer)

Small market, less opportunities outside of football, taxes, etc.
Nonsense. They looked at the QB situation as well as the current state of the team. If you're OBJ, where you going to go? Play with Matt Stafford as your QB or Trevor Semien? Same with Jackson. Carr or TS?

Nonsense. They looked at the QB situation as well as the current state of the team. If you're OBJ, where you going to go? Play with Matt Stafford as your QB or Trevor Semien? Same with Jackson. Carr or TS?
Personally I don't think the gap between Carr and Siemian is that big but I'm also really low on Carr so take that for what you will. Carr would be screwed behind our O-line as currently constructed. Hurst was sieve tonight. Ruiz needs help and isn't getting it from him. The run blocking has gone out the window unless it's an obvious passing down and run a draw.

Having said that, I don't think Jackson ever wanted to be in New Orleans, even when Winston was healthy you can see the look on his face with the infamous "eating a W" he's just not a fan. OBJ on the other hand, well yea you have a point, but LA provides other opportunities for those glamor players if they perform.

Small market, less opportunities outside of football, taxes, etc.
Nothing to do with it. We were near the top of most free agents list when Drew was here. Everyone felt like (and we were) a top 3 team in the NFC with a chance to win a Super Bowl with 9 at QB.

It's about winning...and $$$.

Personally I don't think the gap between Carr and Siemian is that big but I'm also really low on Carr so take that for what you will. Carr would be screwed behind our O-line as currently constructed. Hurst was sieve tonight. Ruiz needs help and isn't getting it from him. The run blocking has gone out the window unless it's an obvious passing down and run a draw.

Having said that, I don't think Jackson ever wanted to be in New Orleans, even when Winston was healthy you can see the look on his face with the infamous "eating a W" he's just not a fan. OBJ on the other hand, well yea you have a point, but LA provides other opportunities for those glamor players if they perform.
I don't see much wrong with most of your post with the exception that there's not that big a gap between Carr and TS. You can't be serious.

I don't see much wrong with most of your post with the exception that there's not that big a gap between Carr and TS. You can't be serious.
I'm absolutely serious you put Carr behind this line and he puts up the same if not worse numbers than Siemian. He's not that guy, neither is Trevor though, I've came around on that,.

Money and a HOF QB would’ve made a huge difference…

For the last 10 years players would have the Saints on radar for the fact Drew was here… it makes a difference when that type of player goes away

Yeah we still have pieces of a great team… but it’s not the same
You don’t have those pieces on the field though due to injuries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom