Why Do We Have So Many Last Minute Defensive Collapses? (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
I am asking out of curiosity. Is it coaching?(defensive scheming) Is it players? Is it some combo?

Genuinely curious as a fan, if anyone with coaching experience or eyes to break things down from a technical perspective can speak on this?

As a layman, I see our DBs absolutely stubbornly refusing to turn their heads and play the ball. I see them sometimes biting heavily on the first moves.

Is there something that's very basic that we're are not doing?

This is a real question.

Also, exactly how many last second defensive collapses do we need to see before Payton does something?

When the problem first kept happening, they figured it’s got to be the talent. They went out and spent a lot of draft picks and free agent dollars on new players. The quality and depth of the defense improved greatly, yet the problems never went away.

So clearly, if it isn’t the players, it’s the defensive coaching.

Dennis Allen has done some really brain dead things.

Against the Vikings in 2017, the final play of the game... Allen has two linebackers on the field who only drop 10 yards back into coverage. The Vikings had the ball at their own 39 yard line with no timeouts, 10 seconds left in the game. They needed a minimum of 30 yards. Why in God's name is Allen trying to defend the 50 yard line? Anything caught over the middle in-bounds and the game is over. The Vikings have to throw it deep to the sideline. The Saints had two players covering literally nobody on that horrid play.

Allen is a solid DC, but his 2 minute drill defense is abysmal.

Dennis Allen has done some really brain dead things.

Against the Vikings in 2017, the final play of the game... Allen has two linebackers on the field who only drop 10 yards back into coverage. The Vikings had the ball at their own 39 yard line with no timeouts, 10 seconds left in the game. They needed a minimum of 30 yards. Why in God's name is Allen trying to defend the 50 yard line? Anything caught over the middle in-bounds and the game is over. The Vikings have to throw it deep to the sideline. The Saints had two players covering literally nobody on that horrid play.

Allen is a solid DC, but his 2 minute drill defense is abysmal.
And it’s not even debatable

It’s called being a Saints fan. I’ve been watching this movie since the early ‘80’s and it’s only ended differently 1 time (thanks Tracy Porter).

Right? Lol I’ve seen this movie more than Road Warrior. And I watched that about 87 times.

Ty much Porter.

It was the offenses fault for leaving a minute left on the board! I told my wife when we first got the ball on our last drive, all the Niners need to do is lest us score the touchdown and they can kick a field goal!

The offense has done that countless times in the past 14 years. How about the defense step up for once with the exception of 2009?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom