Why do y'all think some people on this forum would rather leave negative reactions than actually articulate a rebuttal? (1 Viewer)

you'll find a lot of squirrels in this group. We have a lot of fair weather fans and diehards ....very few in between. i've tried over the years to get people just to discuss things and i got ridiculed for it or worse got labeled as an antagonist. i'm really interested in peoples ideas and perspectives in general.
A lot in the Political Board also. I don't notice it on this board as much.

As the level of fear and insecurity arises in our population, the number of extremist increases also. I've learned that it's actually very few, maybe less than 20 on SR. But they make a lot of noise, which is their main goal. You and I come from a time when insults resulted in punches to face. But that's not this era. Many people hide behind an avatar, never having to expose their real identity and take crappy shots at others. I had 3 older brothers, so I'm pretty thick-skinned about this stuff, except when it happens to a friend. Then I can get really POed. The times They are a Changing
I agree.

Why would some people rather leave a positive reaction than actually take the time to articulate their agreeance? Said no one ever.

Why do we focus on the negative reactions we receive more than the oodles of positive ones?

Why would some people rather leave a positive reaction than actually take the time to articulate their agreeance? Said no one ever.

Why do we focus on the negative reactions we receive more than the oodles of positive ones?

If your boss gave you a raise, would you be disappointed if he didn't give you an explanation? If you got fired would you prefer it to happen without them giving you any reasons why it happened?

I've noticed some members here (y'all probably know who they are so I won't bother with naming names) have a pattern of frequently leaving clowns or falcons on posts where the post didn't contain anything rude or disrespectful but just happened to be something that isn't 100% positive about the Saints.

To me, it just seems like the internet version of throwing a rock at somebody and then running away. If you disagree enough to call someone a clown then you probably have at least a paragraph or so worth of ideas floating in your head that you could type into a reply. After all, this is a forum first so it's meant for discussion and it basically comes off like childish facebook antics to just be critical without even putting yourself out there to say why someone deserved the criticism given.
It is an easy way to voice displeasure without running the risk of personal attack or other infractions.

I think another question is why are some folks so sensitive about it?

Negative reactions don't give that sweet sweet dopamine hit people desperately crave.

If someone is getting a lot of Falcons or Clowns, maybe they need to explore why instead of blaming others. But if they were actually self-aware, they would probably already know and wouldn't be mad over it.

It is an easy way to voice displeasure without running the risk of personal attack or other infractions.

I think another question is why are some folks so sensitive about it?

Yeah I really don't like this take. I could have just given you a dead falcon but I'm taking the time to tell you why I don't like it. :)

I think there is a problem with drive by negative reactions and I've never been a fan of post ratings a la social media. It's one thing to give a shallow thumbs up to something you like. But I think we need to be more careful and considered in criticism. If you're willing to criticize you should be prepared to put something at risk to do it. You need a little skin in the game. I think it's a reasonable reaction to cringe at the habitual drive by negative ratings and is not in itself a negative reflection on someone who has that reaction.

Yeah I really don't like this take. I could have just given you a dead falcon but I'm taking the time to tell you why I don't like it. :)

I think there is a problem with drive by negative reactions and I've never been a fan of post ratings a la social media. It's one thing to give a shallow thumbs up to something you like. But I think we need to be more careful and considered in criticism. If you're willing to criticize you should be prepared to put something at risk to do it. You need a little skin in the game. I think it's a reasonable reaction to cringe at the habitual drive by negative ratings and is not in itself a negative reflection on someone who has that reaction.

Possibly in other places, but I have been on this site long enough to know that discourse is the general rule. Maybe there are a few people here and there who vote without comment, but I don't think it's as blatant here as with other sites. I agree with Saint_Ward that if a few negative votes gets you that upset, it's possible you are too sensitive and maybe too rigid in your own opinions.

People generally dislike it when people disagree with them. Its easier to call them delusional and get out than to offer an intelligent rebuttal. Thats what I do... :p

There are posters that have been here for a while that will dislike your post but will go toe to toe with you as to why they dislike what you say. I respect that. everybody else I just ignore. No need to get upset at people that only exist on the internet in my life. Modern debate is dead on most forums. its easier to clown Goodell someone than to rebut them. I know you need thick skin to last here because you can't just cuss a motherfudger out like on Carolina Huddle. Our fanbase is no different than theirs except that SR has standards so you just can't verbally abuse a poster. I often see posters make a point to support their opinion and it gets mega disliked, then you see another thread arguing the same point a different way and depending on who posted it, it's received differently. It use to bother me until I stopped caring. Now I just post my opinion and it is what it is.

but to actually give you a reasonable response you can hold on to (specially for OP posts in threads): I’d rather do a fly by falcon than bump a stupid thread.

When I see people who clown me or whatever, I generally chalk it up to they have a different opinion than me, and it’s probably because they’re stupid.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...

; - )

I've noticed some members here (y'all probably know who they are so I won't bother with naming names) have a pattern of frequently leaving clowns or falcons on posts where the post didn't contain anything rude or disrespectful but just happened to be something that isn't 100% positive about the Saints.

To me, it just seems like the internet version of throwing a rock at somebody and then running away. If you disagree enough to call someone a clown then you probably have at least a paragraph or so worth of ideas floating in your head that you could type into a reply. After all, this is a forum first so it's meant for discussion and it basically comes off like childish facebook antics to just be critical without even putting yourself out there to say why someone deserved the criticism given.

I ask myself the same thing.

I have left a clown face and a Falcons logo before but I always explained why.

Hey its America, they can do what they want lol

It was more mature than leaving a clown or falcon like you did on the OP <3
But not quite as mature as belly aching over a little tag on a message forum. I read back through some of your posts....you're opinionated so it really should come as no surprise when people disagree with you. What do you care as to why they disagree? Don't let it bother you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom