Why do y'all think some people on this forum would rather leave negative reactions than actually articulate a rebuttal? (1 Viewer)

If your boss gave you a raise, would you be disappointed if he didn't give you an explanation? If you got fired would you prefer it to happen without them giving you any reasons why it happened?
I would like an explanation for the raise so I can determine if it's temporary/permanent, what aspects of my performance is raise-worthy so I can continue doing them, etc. I would also like an explanation for the termination so I can know where I failed (if I even failed), if it was budgetary and will they give me a recommendation for my next job.

But if they refused to provide an explanation in either case, I'm smart enough to come pretty close to figuring out the reason for the raise/termination on my own.

If I can come to a reasonable conclusion in those scenarios, I bet you can do it in this scenario. You can figure out why you get negative ratings without posters having to explain it every time.

But not quite as mature as belly aching over a little tag on a message forum. I read back through some of your posts....you're opinionated so it really should come as no surprise when people disagree with you. What do you care as to why they disagree? Don't let it bother you.

I have zero problem with disagreements. My only gripe is that it's dumb, lazy, and fruitless to just sheet on someone with a react if you aren't gonna even bother typing a mere sentence or two to convey your point of view. If a post isn't even worth bothering to make an attempt at discussion then why is it even important enough to leave a reaction of any kind? The net result of those actions is just to give a subtle "fork you" to the person whose post you're leaving that on.

I pulled back my posting over the years by a large margin. The reason, for me at least, is more people reacting and commenting without reading all the other posts for any content/context. The blind reactionary retort for the sake of it as they miss the point initially. One gets tired of "skimmers" and saying to yourself, "that's not even what is being talked about". LOL

Since the playoff loss, there have been some of the dumbest most reactionary posts I have ever seen on here. The rational posters seem to have retreated away and left it all to the crazies. The few who remain are just guerilla style fighting back however they can, which sometimes means dead falcon or clown ratings.

It was funny to me that after the playoff loss, 3/4 of the threads started on Page One of SSF, had 0 or just a few responses. Some posters just seem to feel like their opinion is sooooo important, that they had to start a whole new thread. Then no one responds to the hysteria. Lol ?

There was even a thread about it in EE, “just stay away from SSF until the crazies calm down.”

But, as superchuck said, it was a hard time for a lot of fans, so let them voice their upset.

Internet gangstas, as I call them. I don't believe in saying anything online that I would not say to your face. In terms of the OP, I think in many instances it comes down to time. You realize someone is set in their view and nothing you can say will change that. So instead of going back in forth you just give them a negative reaction. To some people talking about the saints is like talking about religion or politics. It's not about the merits but what they believe, so you accept their view and move on.

When 2 posters disagree and start writing a dissertation about why their opinion is correct & the other person is wrong, then it goes on for pages & pages.......I just start skipping over all of that redundant argument to the next poster who says something relevant.

I've noticed some members here (y'all probably know who they are so I won't bother with naming names) have a pattern of frequently leaving clowns or falcons on posts where the post didn't contain anything rude or disrespectful but just happened to be something that isn't 100% positive about the Saints.

To me, it just seems like the internet version of throwing a rock at somebody and then running away. If you disagree enough to call someone a clown then you probably have at least a paragraph or so worth of ideas floating in your head that you could type into a reply. After all, this is a forum first so it's meant for discussion and it basically comes off like childish facebook antics to just be critical without even putting yourself out there to say why someone deserved the criticism given.

This is definitely a good way to get bombarded with clowndells and falcons.

With there being countless threads all discussing the same things and the same arguments being made in all of them by the same people, just clicking an emoji is all I can handle at this point. I'm not going to repeat myself over and over and over just because someone created another thread discussing something - with a little spin on it - that's already been discussed to death in other threads.

Yeah I really don't like this take. I could have just given you a dead falcon but I'm taking the time to tell you why I don't like it. :)

I think there is a problem with drive by negative reactions and I've never been a fan of post ratings a la social media. It's one thing to give a shallow thumbs up to something you like. But I think we need to be more careful and considered in criticism. If you're willing to criticize you should be prepared to put something at risk to do it. You need a little skin in the game. I think it's a reasonable reaction to cringe at the habitual drive by negative ratings and is not in itself a negative reflection on someone who has that reaction.
It's one thing if the poster writes something reasonable. I get that.

But when it's just plain old stupid. I'd rather people give a falcon than call them ******** stupid.

I mean, there are some takes on here that I just don't even both clicking on or reading. It takes a bit for me to give out a falcon. I also do it when I think someone is just being an arse and/or completely devolving the conversation. And you know me, I often follow it up with a comment too.

I've noticed some members here (y'all probably know who they are so I won't bother with naming names) have a pattern of frequently leaving clowns or falcons on posts where the post didn't contain anything rude or disrespectful but just happened to be something that isn't 100% positive about the Saints.

To me, it just seems like the internet version of throwing a rock at somebody and then running away. If you disagree enough to call someone a clown then you probably have at least a paragraph or so worth of ideas floating in your head that you could type into a reply. After all, this is a forum first so it's meant for discussion and it basically comes off like childish facebook antics to just be critical without even putting yourself out there to say why someone deserved the criticism given.

southpark.gif

I hate my touchscreen keyboard!! They suck for articulations!! ?

It's not what's reasonable. It's what makes you feel better.

Some people just live in a dysfunctional relationship with the Saints and this board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom