Why do y'all think some people on this forum would rather leave negative reactions than actually articulate a rebuttal? (1 Viewer)

black_floyd

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I've noticed some members here (y'all probably know who they are so I won't bother with naming names) have a pattern of frequently leaving clowns or falcons on posts where the post didn't contain anything rude or disrespectful but just happened to be something that isn't 100% positive about the Saints.

To me, it just seems like the internet version of throwing a rock at somebody and then running away. If you disagree enough to call someone a clown then you probably have at least a paragraph or so worth of ideas floating in your head that you could type into a reply. After all, this is a forum first so it's meant for discussion and it basically comes off like childish facebook antics to just be critical without even putting yourself out there to say why someone deserved the criticism given.

you'll find a lot of squirrels in this group. We have a lot of fair weather fans and diehards ....very few in between. i've tried over the years to get people just to discuss things and i got ridiculed for it or worse got labeled as an antagonist. i'm really interested in peoples ideas and perspectives in general.

I've noticed some members here (y'all probably know who they are so I won't bother with naming names) have a pattern of frequently leaving clowns or falcons on posts where the post didn't contain anything rude or disrespectful but just happened to be something that isn't 100% positive about the Saints.

To me, it just seems like the internet version of throwing a rock at somebody and then running away. If you disagree enough to call someone a clown then you probably have at least a paragraph or so worth of ideas floating in your head that you could type into a reply. After all, this is a forum first so it's meant for discussion and it basically comes off like childish facebook antics to just be critical without even putting yourself out there to say why someone deserved the criticism given.

I could care less on what rating I get good or bad. As long as I voice my opinion, that's all that matters to me. Everyone will view it as good, bad, trolling, etc. depending on the reader. If it upsets you enough to make a thread about it, you have that right to complain about it. One way or the other, it doesn't affect me nor does it bother me.

So, they wanna see the thread buried but they still wanna try to poke at someone with negative feedback? That seems really petty.

You shouldn't worry whether or not someone disagrees with you and demand an explanation. It's like arguing with someone on why they don't like chicken. Some people just don't like it. I won't understand it, but I'm not going to argue or make them give me an explanation about it.

To be honest, people will use the forum how they choose and it won't always line up with your own or my perception of how it should work. That's human nature.

I don't hand out falcons or clowns, as a personal rule. But I have reacted to posts using the other options (positive and negative) and not always with associated comments/replies. Where I haven't, it's often because it would be purely repeating the same / dissenting view that has already been raised (by me or others), so what does it add if 10 people all say the same 'yeah I agree, because same reasons as he/she said'.

And if it's a humorous post, then the volume of LOLs is probably more useful than going through a bunch of replies saying 'Funny as hell'.

But that's just me. I accept I'll get clowns or whatever for any number of reasons, no one has to justify themselves when they do. I'll usually have a pretty good idea why in any case.

And for those who post thumbs up my way, when it happens, I really appreciate the support.

As the level of fear and insecurity arises in our population, the number of extremist increases also. I've learned that it's actually very few, maybe less than 20 on SR. But they make a lot of noise, which is their main goal. You and I come from a time when insults resulted in punches to face. But that's not this era. Many people hide behind an avatar, never having to expose their real identity and take crappy shots at others. I had 3 older brothers, so I'm pretty thick-skinned about this stuff, except when it happens to a friend. Then I can get really POed. The times They are a Changing

but to actually give you a reasonable response you can hold on to (specially for OP posts in threads): I’d rather do a fly by falcon than bump a stupid thread.

When I see people who clown me or whatever, I generally chalk it up to they have a different opinion than me, and it’s probably because they’re stupid.

Since the playoff loss, there have been some of the dumbest most reactionary posts I have ever seen on here. The rational posters seem to have retreated away and left it all to the crazies. The few who remain are just guerilla style fighting back however they can, which sometimes means dead falcon or clown ratings.

I am most likely to post a negative reaction when I suspect I disagree with the post based on the title and then the post ends up being as long as a book. It’s the world we live in. Practice brevity and you might see more engagement.

Usually if it's to the point that I'm giving out a clown or falcon in response to someone's post, the post itself usually isn't worth the time to even get in an argument over. It's a quick way to voice an "I don't agree with this" without having to dive into the details if I'm not in the mood for it. I thought TribuneUK above put words to it as well as anyone could, not everyone is going to use the forums in the same manner. Some want to just read, some want constant banter, some use it for news, some want to log in and see the funny meltdowns after a big loss. To each their own.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom