why does drew jump over???? (1 Viewer)

when i saw him go for it and got hit, i was holding my breath. seems like either let him sneak through the hole, or have hill jump over the hill... no pun intended. why when it isn't a touch down we would use him that manner scares the crap out of me.

on a side note, i got a chance to to try on our superbowl ring the other day. i know the IT director over there and he let me check it out. it's a thing of beauty. one of my coworkers is a die hard falcon and i had to tell him to kiss the ring... then i let him try it on since it looks like its going to be awhile before they will get their ring ;)

1540188885413.png
Could you ask the I.T. director why the Saints are the worst team in the league at updating their roster?

Tell him I'll keep it up for free if the Saints will give me the info to do it.

Yeah in those situations I rather hill do it. Who cares if they know hill is going to do it and but when brees gets hit in the head like that he is so vulnerable. I’ve always said give me a 10 yard holding call if that meant saving brees from getting hit. After seeing him go down two years ago and with my work with those guys, a score or first down isn’t worth losing him.

This is the question I always have
He’s not “down” when he crosses the 1st down line
But there is forward progress to consider
I don’t know the letter of the law here
Maybe because he's the QB once he puts that ball over and tucks it away, he's giving himself up after that. Might be different if he was actually just doing a traditional QB sneak where he is running behind his line then his forward progress is stopped when the refs determine so.

Short answer: because it works.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Brees is simply too fast. The other team would have to commit a penalty to beat him to the half yard mark. They're either offsides or leaping and I don't know if they'd call either of those penalties in this situation, but to see the ball snap and then jump puts you a hair behind Brees who clearly has the quickest reflexes in football.

I will add that I guarantee you the Saints know this is their tendency and that there's an alternative somewhere in that playbook that will eventually be called off the fake dive.

Why?

You play to win the game.
Wrong... if u ever listen to brees he always says the prize is at the end of the road. He always says the accomplishments they pick up on the way should not distract them from the prize. U win a game and lose the best player we ever had wear a saints uniform????

The play is super successful but I’m willing to say that play is used all over the league is successful still doesn’t distract away from the hit brees had to take. Meanwhile we have a qb\running back\etc that can push a pile, break tackles, jump higher, let him take the risk\hit.

Thanks - Sid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom