Why Does It Take So Long To Get Into The Superdome (1 Viewer)

Took me 0 seconds to get into falcons stadium.

This should answer your question

my experience yesterday, walking up to gate G from earhart expressway direction at about 3:15, was that the first line you encounter is very long because most people go to the first line. if you bypass the first couple of lines, the middle lines are much shorter. I stood in line no more than 3 minutes and was in my seat by kickoff.

One of several reasons I find it hard to make myself go to games anymore. Between the long distance, the parking, the lines, the prices, etc. It ends up being 10 hours worth of driving and work to attend a 3 hour game that ends up costing me hundreds.

It's why I've started to just do away games.

I entered the line at 3:12 and was in my seat for the Who Dat chant and the particular line I was in was very slow compared to previous games this year. That was mostly idiots arguing to bring their drinks/backpacks/grenades into the Dome. Yesterday the city was more crowded than usual and lot more people were enjoying the atmosphere and weather outside. Lots of folks waited to go in yesterday.

Getting into the Dome more than 5 minutes before kickoff is a waste of valuable enjoyment.

Trying to park close to the Dome is rather dumb. There is $10 parking on Canal and you don't have to sit in your car for two hours never moving after the game. If you really don't want to pay you can park for free less than 20 minute walk from the Dome.

Big crowds and lots of tailgating. I’ve always enjoyed watching warmups so I never have to worry about lines. But I’ve also noticed a lot of empty seats at kickoff that fill up within 15 minutes or so. Would be great to see the place full at kickoff down the stretch run....i.e. get there early.

I enter in Gate G every game and have only had to wait in line once.

I've been to two games (none this year), and I've always found it very easy to get in and out of the dome.
For noon games I'm usually downtown around 8am to start tailgating and always get into the stadium about an hr before kickoff.

I entered the line at 3:12 and was in my seat for the Who Dat chant and the particular line I was in was very slow compared to previous games this year. That was mostly idiots arguing to bring their drinks/backpacks/grenades into the Dome. Yesterday the city was more crowded than usual and lot more people were enjoying the atmosphere and weather outside. Lots of folks waited to go in yesterday.

Getting into the Dome more than 5 minutes before kickoff is a waste of valuable enjoyment.

Trying to park close to the Dome is rather dumb. There is $10 parking on Canal and you don't have to sit in your car for two hours never moving after the game. If you really don't want to pay you can park for free less than 20 minute walk from the Dome.

Parking USED to be free under the Pontchartrain Expressway, as this was indeed wide open and free. In the years immediately following Katrina, the Parking Control Systems outfit bought up the spaces, erected black fencing and added this to their paid parking lot empire. This last time, I paid an Uber driver to get my bunch to and from the Dome from where I was staying. Made it much simpler than worrying about the parking situation. I chose an intersection not far from the Entergy building at Loyola/Poydras for the destination. It did take a little while longer for the post-game driver to find us, but that was because everyone and their brother was also trying to get an Uber ride somewhere.

We entered gate E. I should have gone for the secret middle G gate trick as I usually do. We were in lime by 3 but barely made kickoff. The security people are so SLOW.

How long does it take to go through security at LSU? I will let those who have been to games this year respond, but I suspect the answer is not long. Three things can be done:

1. There needs to be several plastic containers at each gate for putting your belongings in. Not just one or two.

2. I like the idea of designated gates to enter through depending upon where you sit.

3. Sorry, but the people manning the security checkpoints need to move more quickly. There is no sense of urgency.

Mostly agreed, and mostly on the last part.

Champion Square is the much-needed entertainment/tailgating venue for which fans cried out for years. As a result, people do indeed have to make a choice whether to enjoy the festivities and perhaps a be a little bit late for kickoff.....or cut themselves off from the Square at least 45 minutes before kickoff to get their butts in the security line.

Indeed, I like the concept of Champions Square as well, but to keep the entertainment going until 30 minutes before the actual game is just a trainwreck for the security screening lines every game.

By shutting that and the outdoor vendors down an hour early, it gives people ample time to finish their beer and pregame meals and they will be tempted to make their way indoors earlier.

From my experience, venues in other NFL cities filter ticket holders through specific gates. In New Orleans, you can get inside via any gate! I was surprised to re-learn this yesterday - my 8th “home” game (7-1 record).

When I arrived near Champions Square, I figured the crowds were building in that area, so I started walking around the dome: the other exits were far worse! I headed back to the “front” and got inside within 20 minutes.

(I also think a lot of people are putting it off until the last 30 minutes!)

Having designated gates would certainly make the process a little easier until you get stupid people that won’t follow the regulation and keep trying to enter through their usual entrance (if different than where they would have to enter with the restriction) thus holding up the line again to get them out, the same with people with bags in the no bags lines

1. There needs to be several plastic containers at each gate for putting your belongings in. Not just one or two.

More plastic containers isn’t going to fix the problem. They don’t need more than 2 per metal detector. The person going through the detectors has their belongings in one and the person going through next has their belongings in the other container.

One of several reasons I find it hard to make myself go to games anymore. Between the long distance, the parking, the lines, the prices, etc. It ends up being 10 hours worth of driving and work to attend a 3 hour game that ends up costing me hundreds.

It's why I've started to just do away games.
You are missing some fun times!

I been to games in St. Louis, Cleveland, San Diego, Atlanta, Carolina, Miami, New Orleans, and Dec 9th Tampa Bay. The Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta has the fastest entry, easiest to figure out, and nicest staudium I ever been to. I enjoyed the experience so much this year there I plan on making it a yearly routine to attend a game there.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom