Why Does Philip Rivers Get A Pass When It Comes to Criticism? (1 Viewer)

Agree. 2nd tier sounds bad, but it's not. There should be a better name, because a lot of great QB's were 2nd tier. Warren Moon, Eli, and many more very prolific and accomplished QB's didn't quite make the top tier. They should be honored, not labeled with a misunderstood rating. In reality, the top tier QB's are freaks, the 2nd tier QB's are excellent.

And by that standard, Warren Moon would be the greatest second-tier QB ever. Threw for a zillion yards in the CFL before even being accepted into the NFL, then his defenses kept blowing leads in playoff games. Also often-mentioned as having the tightest spiral in NFL history.

Reminds me a little of Jeff George. All that talent but never seems to do anything with it. It doesn't help that he seems to be a complete moron to his teammates.

DerrickB went through a football boredom stretch this past summer, in which he started odd threads like these.

DerrickB went through a football boredom stretch this past summer, in which he started odd threads like these.

Some of them made for good conversation. I wish there were more communities that talked NFL history. I used to chat on a Steelers forum with some older fans who were all into the 70s, 80s and 90s.

That organization is weird up there man, they fired Coach Marty Schottenheimer after he went 14-2 I believe. I wonder how much rings Drew would have had if he stays in San Diego and be surrounded by all that firepower.

From what I understand, Marty & the GM hated one another. They chose the GM. In hindsight, it was a big mistake.

Phillip Rivers gave the Chargers brass the “freedom” to cut an injured Brees adrift. Some, I’ll wager, quietly celebrated the release of Brees while avoiding a messy QB controversy. To those folks I hope every record broke, every milestone achieved, and every championship won by Drew is burning ember on their heads, ‘cause they’ve earned it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom