Why does Rivers get this MVP love but, Brees didn't in 08' (1 Viewer)

Eviltaxi

Very Banned
Reaction score
when he was actually .500 with a way way way worse defense, less weapons, and not in a complete joke of a division(actually extremely good maybe the best that year). Rivers just has so many Yards cause, he is always losing so he has to throw the ball and he has failed numerous times on GW drives.

Friggin' Chad Pennington who the Miami Dolphins had to run the wild cat to begin with cause, he was so bad got more votes than Brees. Seriously that still ****** me off that friggin Chad Pennington got more MVP consideration that Brees.

Most likely because the media has been trying to hand Rivers an MVP for a few years now. Kind of like with Rodgers. Brees was never the media darling pick.

I feel the same way we don't get enough media love. I thought about this though and maybe it's just me, maybe I'm not objective and it's hardly ever enough media love for me? Maybe we love them so much that we feel they get easily overlooked, even though they aren't. The only time I feel real, real good is when Jon Gruden is commentating our games. Maybe I've been waiting for so long for them to get appreciation and respect that I now can't get enough of it mabye

when he was actually .500 with a way way way worse defense, less weapons, and not in a complete joke of a division(actually extremely good maybe the best that year). Rivers just has so many Yards cause, he is always losing so he has to throw the ball and he has failed numerous times on GW drives.

Friggin' Chad Pennington who the Miami Dolphins had to run the wild cat to begin with cause, he was so bad got more votes than Brees. Seriously that still ****** me off that friggin Chad Pennington got more MVP consideration that Brees.

I think Drew is much happier being the super bowl MVP

Last edited:
I mean, he finished second but he lost in a ridiculous landslide. Manning got 39.5 votes to Brees' 7.5.

I'm sure he's referring to SB MVP.

There is just entirely too much bias for guys like Romo, Favre, Rogers and even Rivers to ever have a guy like Brees get the MVP. I would love it, but I don't see it happening and I am sure Brees is quite content with the SB MVP.

I haven't heard a single person utter MVP and Philip Rivers in the same sentence.

You're describing Brees' season in 2008 to a T almost, and yet you complain that he didn't get enough MVP votes, finishing behind Pennington.

Hypocritical to say the least.

You're describing Brees' season in 2008 to a T almost, and yet you complain that he didn't get enough MVP votes, finishing behind Pennington.

Hypocritical to say the least.

I think the problem is that writers like Peter King is using that as the reason why Rivers should be MVP this year, while using the opposite reason (Ok Brees is good but his team is not - can't have an mvp on a team not in playoffs) for not voting for Brees in 2008

1. Philip Rivers, QB, San Diego. I'm stunned to have moved him to first overall, jumping over Brady and Manning. The Chargers are 4-5, and how can the MVP come from a 4-5 team, particularly when his competition has winning records. It's because Rivers has been magnificent, particularly in light of winning a tough road game the Chargers had to have without any of his three favorite receivers from 2009 -- and he still threw four touchdown passes and stayed on pace to shatter the all-time yardage record for a season.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/07/mmqb-nfl-week-9/3.html#ixzz14suZjNLk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom