Why does the dome not play music to get fans into the game??? (1 Viewer)

bdorsey23

Handle Dat
Reaction score
I have been going to Saints games for eight straight years and although we were not always winning at home, they would at least be playing music to get fans into the game. This season however, I critize the people working the sound in the dome! On Monday night they played some good songs but that has been it... On third down or in crucial situations in game they need to play something to get the fans into the game!! We are from the South and I think that good rap songs can get people dancing and into a game. For instance, Snap your fingers by Lil John, It's going down by Young Joc (they did play this once on Monday night and everyone got up an danced), or the new saints rap sond "this is the way we live." Now we do not have to play just rap but please play something to pump up the crowd!!!!!

I swear i hear music everytimee I watch a game, are you just not liking the selection? Because it is probably geared more towards a generic everybody than what one age group or another would want to hear.....that said. I also see that the crowd has no issue with getting pumped!

QUIET!!! QUIET PLEASE!!

mens-golf-2-03.jpg

They constantly play music especially on third down. Welcome to the Jungle, Thundestruck, Entersandman at kickoff. and even broke out Who let the dogs out against Philly and the entire Dome started barking.

Yea, I hate that one too, that is the dumbest commercial I have ever seen. I really can't stand it.

It seems to get the players pumped up, and anything that gets them pumped up is fine with me.

what about the who dat song with the dome patrol chanting who dat inbetween verses of when the saints go marching in........and maybe for really big plays throw in the clip....:"HAKIM DROPS THE BALL!!!! HAKIM DROPS THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I play that at midnight on gameday, and right before i walk to the dome

Gets me going every time

Oh please, no rap. Bleeeech!!!
Seems to me that the dome rocks at the appropriate times. Good tunes too.

NO RAP in the Dome! The rock and classic rock music they play does a fine job of keeping the fans pumped up. And, the lyrics aren't going to offend anyone. Besides, they've played (c)rap in the Dome for years and we've been losing. Don't change what works!
Also, being "from the South" doesn't mean we all like rap music, or that rap is "our sound". Jazz, blues, and southern rock all originated here, long before anyone ever thought that talking in rhyme with a bass beat in the background could be called music.

I like it when they play rap, because all of you old drunk people look funny dancing to it. :shrug:

they should play "who let the dogs out" on a continuous replay. That song really gets me pumped up.:dunno:

We are from the South and I think that good rap songs can get people dancing and into a game.

Dorsey, You're 22. This is why youre not in charge. Love of rap is not universal. Many fans detest rap, and in no way are going to get "pumped up" by it. Some guys think what the crowd needs is some good ol country music! Would this "pump" you up? Im guessing not.

Now before you get mad, I will say the basis of your idea is really good. Pump up the crowd! You bet--great idea! Although I think the crowds have been pretty good already. Your heart is in the right place.

But as someone who works as a mobile DJ, (among my many jobs) I cant tell you there's a lot of different kinds of people out there--and thats ok. Musically, the best thing to do for a mixed crowd is mix things up, and go for the broad appeal.

There are young people who will dance to some oldies, rednecks who will dance to some rap songs, teens who know classic metal and rock, and even gangstas know the words to some country songs--whether they admit it or not. Every year there are some new songs, that even the old people get to know. Of course, you and I probably listen to the more "off beat," or "underground" stuff. But remember, you're working with a mainstream audience. Play the hits! And of course we have our New Orleans jazz standards.

One guy posted above and mentioned the player's taste. If the players themselves like rap, then I say stick some of their favorite rap songs in, sure. But remember your crowd. It comes in all flavors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom