Why does the dome not play music to get fans into the game??? (1 Viewer)

Don't forget...there are league rules regarding artificial noise. They can't just blast music everytime the opponent tries to call a play in the huddle.

it's funny how anyone over the age of 40 always says "no rap, please." Whether you like rap music or not, you have to understand that it's the type of music that is in now. I would say 95% of the players like it and if you notice it tends to get the majority of the crowd more into the game than some jazz song.

it's funny how anyone over the age of 40 always says "no rap, please." Whether you like rap music or not, you have to understand that it's the type of music that is in now. I would say 95% of the players like it and if you notice it tends to get the majority of the crowd more into the game than some jazz song.

I dunno there were many people getting groovy during that disco music last game.

Man that was horrible..

this is a silly post. I would rather them play Ministry as that would get me pretty pumped or some Pantera and down since those are NO bands but since you like Lil Jon, i doubt you would like that.

this is a silly post. I would rather them play Ministry as that would get me pretty pumped or some Pantera and down since those are NO bands but since you like Lil Jon, i doubt you would like that.

Off topic......Jake, I always thought Pantera was from Texas. That's pretty cool if they are New Orleans boys.

I've never really liked the way they artifically inject music into the game. It's okay every once in a while... but after every play or every other play is too much. It's annoying to me.

I'm all for a little fun music during stoppages in play... but I don't think you need to break out "Hell's Bells" on every third down play like some stadiums do. It's tired, retread and not distinct at all.

It's up to the fans to make the noise. Not the stadium DJ.

What gets me pumped up is not the latest rap song by Lil Jon or whoever. What gets me pumped is ***-kicking on the field.

Off topic......Jake, I always thought Pantera was from Texas. That's pretty cool if they are New Orleans boys.

Phil is from NO, but Vinny, Dimebag (RIP) and Rex are from TX if I'm not mistaken

Dude, if the Saints are winning by 3 scores, you could probably play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", and watch people rock from side to side. :hihi: :_rofl:

If this is about me, I never said NO rap. I agree rap is AMONG the "music that is in now," for you and others. For others, Nashville country is "in."
Who are we talking about that music is supposedly "in" for anyway? Do only urban teenagers count in the world? Its a big country with all kinds of people. Note also the average age of your season ticket holder, which I would venture is well over 30.

If we must have a DJ at the game, Rap is fine, just not all rap.

I've never really liked the way they artifically inject music into the game. It's okay every once in a while... but after every play or every other play is too much. It's annoying to me.

I'm all for a little fun music during stoppages in play... but I don't think you need to break out "Hell's Bells" on every third down play like some stadiums do. It's tired, retread and not distinct at all.

It's up to the fans to make the noise. Not the stadium DJ.

What gets me pumped up is not the latest rap song by Lil Jon or whoever. What gets me pumped is ***-kicking on the field.

And the winner of today's constructive & friendly argument is:

ARCHER SAINT!

Truth is If I need to rock I do it on my truck stereo. My vote is the Southern U. Jaguar Band for gameday. Or Grambling!

Best Baseball park I ever saw was Wrigley Field. They had an ORGAN.

I totally agree with you. The game management of the music, cheers, etc. is awful! I have emailed the Saints and gotten no response. The Hornets do a much better job of keeping the fans engaged throughout the game.

Dude, if the Saints are winning by 3 scores, you could probably play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", and watch people rock from side to side
"It's got a good beat, you can dance to it, I'd give it a 78."
The game management of the music, cheers, etc. is awful! I have emailed the Saints and gotten no response
Glad to know this. I obsess over finding out who is in charge of the music. But if they're just going to ignore us and do whatever they want anyway , then I'll just have to learn to live with it (until I win the Powerball and buy the naming rights to the Dome and some creative input into the music!). One thought, tho, who decides what music the Saintsations dance to? Get them to do a dance choreographed to something we want to hear. I just hope they don't play any more Duran Duran!! That.was gawd awful.

Phil is from NO, but Vinny, Dimebag (RIP) and Rex are from TX if I'm not mistaken

you are correct...actually phil is from metairie...or at least he went to grace king high school in metairie...from what i understand....

as for the music....i vote for pantera over lil john...

the music is not what gets me pumped....drew brees to joe horn for a 50 yard TD does the trick...i don't go to the dome for the music

Last edited:
I'm too busy screaming my head off or flirting with the hot chick sitting next to me to hear any music being played.

Last edited:
If this is about me, I never said NO rap. I agree rap is AMONG the "music that is in now," for you and others. For others, Nashville country is "in."
Who are we talking about that music is supposedly "in" for anyway? Do only urban teenagers count in the world? Its a big country with all kinds of people. Note also the average age of your season ticket holder, which I would venture is well over 30.

If we must have a DJ at the game, Rap is fine, just not all rap.

I heard Joe Horn and Reggie Bush get pumped up before the game by listening to vince gill and garth brooks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom