Why does the home W/L record always seem to be sub.500? (1 Viewer)

maybe it's the wives fault... ya know never the night before the fight.

actually, you'll hate this reference, but brooks vaguely hit on it, probably unaware..
when they to to an opponents stadium,, they get the us against the world attitude.. you all know that true competitors step up a notch in that scenario.

I have heard it's the Who Dat Chant Curse. Since we have never won a Superbowl or had a Perfect season. I have been questioned about the sense it makes to yell Who Dat.

After some losses in the Dome it's very hard to take the away fans chanting in disrespect.

What's happening is that the team is losing more games than they win at home, thus the record is sub .500. Hope that helps.

To take this a step further, the wins are then divided by the total number of games played, thus resulting in the decimal format.

Hard to say if it is the coaching staff freezing up or the players. But the Saints have the last 7 years played far better way than at home. No doubt about it. I too have scratched my head and have come to the conclusion is that it is a combination of psycological weakness and yes poor refs.

The Dome is not a fortress. The Saints play not to entertain/lose rather than win. The home game loss to the Bucs last season was a clear example of this. For some reason both defense and offense choke/freeze playing at home. It is as if they expect bad things to happen rather than good things.lift their game a notch.

For some reason (except the 2006 season) the refs hate the Saints. We don't get a fair share of marginal calls.

Also opposing teams do not fear playing us in the dome. So they

Hard to say if it is the coaching staff freezing up or the players. But the Saints have the last 7 years played far better way than at home. No doubt about it. I too have scratched my head and have come to the conclusion is that it is a combination of psycological weakness and yes poor refs.

The Dome is not a fortress. The Saints play not to entertain/lose rather than win. The home game loss to the Bucs last season was a clear example of this. For some reason both defense and offense choke/freeze playing at home. It is as if they expect bad things to happen rather than good things.lift their game a notch.

For some reason (except the 2006 season) the refs hate the Saints. We don't get a fair share of marginal calls.

Also opposing teams do not fear playing us in the dome. So they

the refs used the dome crowd way back when as justification to penalize a team if the home crowd was TOO LOUD...

No doubt everyone who is a member of this team must be prepared to win vs. the opponent AND the refs

i'd be interested to see what the home winning % for the entire NFL over a season

any of you stat guys want to figure that out for me???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom