Why doesn’t anyone believe in Davenport? (1 Viewer)

The feature added to SR.com that shows similar threads... is a great feature.

Instead of starting a new thread, it makes it a "no brainer" to post the info here. Kudos to whoever came up with that feature! :9:

I saw this vid on Davenport (...uploaded a month ago), but has <2K views. It's from someone in the San Antonio area, who is doing a video series on "(area code 210) in the Pros."

This one on Davenport has me ALL IN on this young man having a breakout season. The caveat is: Assuming he remains healthy.

:gosaints:

You, and they, should try to take care of your insecurities and be more honest about things in life, including the team you are a fan of.

I worked late, just woke-up, and started to read SR. I didn't realize this was a psychological-emotional wellness board. Should I start a reply about my deep emotional coronavirus anxiety that I am experiencing over my 16-year old doggie spreading the virus??? :cool:

I must need a trip to Colorado to see things clearly again lol

Marcus is an uber-talented freak "Very young" athlete coming from essentially an under-funded Division IIA program that started him out in the pros years away from grasping the pro game. Yet, when he knew his Saints play, he was a freak disruptor.

We have learned that Marcus deals with clinical depression as he so bravely announced last year. He has also suffered 2 serious foot injuries on his push-off foot in his 1st 2 years.

Will he be a Von Miller, Jordan type presence. 1) And here's the big if, can he fully recover from the foot injuries? 2) Can he learn the pro game so it slows down for him?

With all the leadership around him and his determination, I think #2 will be overcome. Now #1 is a major unknown and only time will tell.

Coach Pete frequently talks about small college players going into the pros. One of his key points is the of level conditioning provided to the players from top Division I teams versus smal colleges. Marcus is a clear example of that. If he had 3-years of near pro level training and conditioning in college, would he have experienced these injuries? Again, we don't know, but there's a strong argument that he would not have suffered these injuries or at the least the severity of these injuries.

That's a high bar. Lattimore is better than very good. He's elite. Lattimore is one of three players on the team that you could make a legitimate argument that they are the best at their position in football (Ram, CGM). Davis is right on the cusp of elite. I'd say "very good" would be in the top 25-30% of players at your position, "Pretty good" is basically above average.

Healthy Davenport was better than "above average" last year. He was an excellent, or very good player. And he's only going to get better.

I think a lot of people on here are overly critical of our own players because you see them every single week. So you remember every failure and don't remember the 96% of the times they do their job. With Lattimore I think he's as close to "shut down corner" as you can get in the league nowadays. There are no more Deion Sanders types because those types of guys aren't ALLOWED to exist anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom