Why doesn't Bush return kickoffs? (1 Viewer)

KR are a total different ballgame. We discuused this not too long ago. On a PR, the gunners are usually double teamed and everyone on the line is accounted for man on man, thus slowing the D down. On a KR, its flat out getting down the field and making a hit. KRs are 10 times more dangerous than PRs. Someone posted an article or quote by a few players explaining the technical differences, maybe they will chime in, and make you guys who think PRs are more dangerous to a player, believers.

There is a Reggie's knee meter in Sean Payton's head and he's trying to keep it out of the red.

Probably the same/real reason he's taking Meachem off of kickoffs too.

He said he missed some holes or something? Whatever. Meach looked fine. I think Payton realized his Beast was out there risking injury when he didn't need to be.

I'm gonna keep it simple here.

Because he already returns punts, catches passes, and runs the ball.

Why doesn't he play tight end too, since he can catch?

The difference is the protection and speed of the tacklers.

On a punt, we line up a few feet apart, and can slow them to a large extent.

On a kickoff, there is plenty of room between the lines. And those boys are flying and will knock the crap out of the returner.

The suicide boys have 10 or more yards to gain speed, the field of blockers is spread out, and the returner can get killed much easier than on a punt.

We won't risk Reggie in such a thing. He could get killed.

Roby is back, so we likely won't risk Devery(edit: I meant Meachem) anymore either.

ddd

Last edited:
The key to returning kickoffs is to immediately run directly up the field as fast as you can. Therefore Reggie is not qualified.

tell Dante Hall and Devin Hester that lol

anyways

Bush gets enough work between offense and ST. Don't burn him out

When I played at Weber State University the special teams coach called the kick return squad "suicide team" because you had to lay your body on the line. A lot of injuries happen on that team.

I think Reggie would be scary at KR, but most teams don't want to use one of their primary weapons on offense on special teams more than they have too. Look at Devin Hester, since emerging as a go to receiver in Chicago's offense, he doesn't take KR duties anymore, leaving that up to Danieal Manning.

mike bell is making it less of a risk

If it is true that people will do anything for a Klondike bar, offer Reggie a whole carton if he returns a kickoff for a TD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom