Why dont the saints sign someone like Shaq to block kicks (1 Viewer)

Shaq and leaping ability don't go together. While big men do have reach, their vertical jump isn't as much as you think. Yes there are some that can leap but most can jump just high enough to dunk.

Eventually the weight of a big man affects the knees so all of that jumping doesn't help.

Look elsewhere for answers. This isn't it.

Shaq and leaping ability don't go together. While big men do have reach, their vertical jump isn't as much as you think. Yes there are some that can leap but most can jump just high enough to dunk.

Eventually the weight of a big man affects the knees so all of that jumping doesn't help.

Look elsewhere for answers. This isn't it.

Idk. There are some 6'10 guys that are pretty athletic. And not all of them make it to the NBA. Sounds like it could work to me. Would have to be athletic with a good vertical though. Or else you could just use a 6'4 guy that can jump 6" higher.

If we sign two midgets, one could sit on the others shoulders. And, if we get them to wear a long trench coat, we might be able get the refs to think it's one player.

I'm thinking so far outside the box on this one that I'm in another box. And that box is named "watts is a moron".

We should get on of those LSU cheerleaders for our strongest guy to throw her in the air in an attempt to block it .

The same reason they don't sign Labron James to play TE.

stretch-armstrong-ng-1.jpg

Man..... that ain't no "plastic man"!! Lol. Thats "stretch Armstrong". Maybe we can sign both?

Maybe some stars from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, they could just fly in the air to block the kick? How about a Jedi, he could mind trick the kicker to shank the ball.

40 years ago the Redskins wanted to sign Andre the Giant for that reason. But they worried about his knees being taken out by the other team when they try to block him.

It's actually been done before. Hank Stram drafted 6'10 Morris Stroud for the sole purpose of blocking kicks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_Stroud

Rosters spots are very valuable though. I doubt any team would use one on a player that only specializes in that one area.

I recall the Saints doing it in the 80's with Tyrone Young (I believe that was his name, #89...?). He was tall and lanky and served no other purpose then to come in and try to block kicks. I believe he had moderate success doing it too but that might have been back when you could still use leverage.

No way. There are plenty 7'2" guys sitting on their couches who are taller than other 7'2" guys on their couches. It's all about the couch. Now if we were talking about recliners, that'd be a different story.

Even fat people self-segregate into "small fats" and "big fats", as I have come to learn. I bet 7'2" guys who are 7' 2 1/2" differentiate between themselves and the 7' 1 1/2" guys.

They don't make unifiorms to fit them. Thats the only problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom