Why draft an OLB? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
We already have 2 players designated to play OLB in Ryans scheme.

Galette and Wilson

Trade back and get a 2nd. Draft a Corner in the first and let Payton draft a toy for his Offense in the 2nd

FWIW, I think this is exactly what the Saints will do, provided they can find a suitable trading partner. They are locking up Junior to a new deal as we speak. Look for the Saints to add depth through FA (though no one crazy splashy) and trade back for greater flexibility later in the draft.

We already have 2 players designated to play OLB in Ryans scheme.

Galette and Wilson

Trade back and get a 2nd. Draft a Corner in the first and let Payton draft a toy for his Offense in the 2nd

I agree ...... But they need to get BRANDON JENKINS in the 3rd round as a security blanket. He was a beast at FSU and I think he will be available in the 3rd round.

Has either Galette or Wilson ever started a NFL game???? Can Wilson play the run effectively???

Wilson and Galette are unproven and only have 13.5 sacks combined in their careers. Can we really rely on these two guys plus some back-ups after fielding the worst defense in NFL history?

Wilson and Galette are unproven and only have 13.5 sacks combined in their careers. Can we really rely on these two guys plus some back-ups after fielding the worst defense in NFL history?
Why not let 2 young, hungry rooks have a crack at it first before we go ahead and draft an OLB in the 1st?

Wilson was playing out of position at DE and Galette wasnt getting enough snaps dude.

They are both young, hungry pass rushers

Why not let 2 young, hungry rooks have a crack at it first before we go ahead and draft an OLB in the 1st?

Wilson was playing out of position at DE and Galette wasnt getting enough snaps dude.

They are both young, hungry pass rushers

What if they fail? What do we do then wait till 2014?

Wilson are Galette are the only things working on this defense (other than Lofton). They are the entire reason the defense changed to a 3-4.

What if they fail? What do we do then wait till 2014?
A risk worth taking IMO

Secondary is a bigger need (Dallas Game). And i doubt they fail. Go back and watch the games. They are among the best players on this Defense

A risk worth taking IMO

Secondary is a bigger need (Dallas Game). And i doubt they fail. Go back and watch the games. They are among the best players on this Defense

I'll have to disagree.

Our secondary would look a lot better with a pass rush. And let's be realistic, Harper, Jenkins, Robinson and Greer are going nowhere, like it or not.

Wilson are Galette are the only things working on this defense (other than Lofton). They are the entire reason the defense changed to a 3-4.

Very interesting conversation cuz I see both sides... Do we put our eggs in the MW/JG basket and potentially lose another season or do the saints think they already have there outside guys on the roster???

I could see the saints taking olb in the 1st and I could see them going with what they have...

how much chance have they been given by GW and SPAGS in their careers?? .... They both are better pass rushers than WILL SMITH especially in a 3-4 scheme ....
galette 12 - YouTube

Martez Wilson Highlights - YouTube

I'll even go ahead and mention that TOM JOHNSON is a lot better DT than SEDRICK ELLIS. These guys just never got a chance.

Curb the risk of having two young guys start at an essential position. They're unproven even if they have tons of potential and are by no means a sure thing. Draft a stud with a history of excellent play, get some experienced vets in there, and field a unit with quality depth and lots of upside. They're young and will get their time to shine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom