Why Drew throw that second pick vs SD (1 Viewer)

Yes, please tell us why him throw that.

Him saw footage of feets.

I really wondered during the game why Drew throw such a bad pass to an open MT. Thanks to a different camera angle did I saw this.

Reason: Peat has big feets.

U9wAutL.gif

Good find. Several here were worried and speculating he sustained injury and was the reason he was having bad game/ints.

For a man that's Peat's size, he sure gets pushed back often.

I guess he plays too high, and defenders are getting under him.

Im not sure on proper OL techniques bc I dont have experince there,but it looks like Drew actually should have stepped up there. OTs often let the DE run upfirld on them like that to try to get them to outrun the play and so the QB has a poackey to step into. The pocket was there but BRees didnt step up.

man brees' fan boys are just like him. put the blame on someone else.

I don't believe its an power issue. Peat is big guy.
It's a normal and standard technique to take on the DE and keep give up ground little by little.
That way do you avoid to be fooled by counter techniques.

He just needs to polish his technique a bit more.... and that will only come
with playing time.

Once he has more confidence in his play will he hold his ground longer.
We will learn from that play!

Nailed it, can only add that the LT normally tries to take the rusher deeper, and the QB should step up in the pocket. It was a 3 step drop and short route, so Drew had no time to step up.

man brees' fan boys are just like him. put the blame on someone else.

Not saying that a typically "Bree Fan Boy" would not do that but Drew has not blamed Peat at all for that. So your comment is invalid.

Drew put this interception purely on him for not delivering the ball to the correct spot and MT shared the blame as he lost the ball in the sunlight.

The truth however is.
... if Peat would had not driven back so much
... if Drew would have steped up instead of drifting to the left towards Peat
... if Michael Thomas would have wore his Ray Ban or Oakley shades.

Then the ball would have maybe sailed to the right sport...or MT adjusted correctly.

All what I was looking for and wanted to share it.. is an explanation what happended. Cause this Interception look akward to me during the game.

I really wondered during the game why Drew throw such a bad pass to an open MT. Thanks to a different camera angle did I saw this.

Reason: Peat has big feets.

U9wAutL.gif

Here's the answer:
1. This is a route that was adjusted at the line before the play based on coverage. Drew saw the safety sagging to the middle of the field and the corner playing inside leverage.
2. Based on that info, Drew didn't take his normal 3,5,7 step drop. Had he done that, he would have stepped up into the pocket per muscle memory.
3. Peat was blocking based on the original play call and not the adjusted route called by Brees at the line, most likely because it was just a hand signal. Brees was probably suppose to take a 3 step drop there instead of the 1.5 step drop he took. Had he taken the correct drop, he would have been clear of Peat.
4. This did not happen. Instead, Peat did play a little high and get pushed back into the pocket.
5. If you watch the GIF closely, Peat did get Brees' foot, and prevent him from shift his weight through the pass allowing it to be lower and faster. Cam Newton has shown us that if you pass more off your back foot, your passes tend to sail on you.
6. The response by MT and DB are typical responses by professionals when it comes to these types of situations. They always discuss "what can we do differently the next time this occurs"? They typically don't look too far in the past, and only look at what they can control in the future.

Good find. Several here were worried and speculating he sustained injury and was the reason he was having bad game/ints.

looking at it from that angle really makes you appreciate how small the throwing windows are. On TV it looked like Brees missed by a mile. But from this angle you can see that the WR went a little more shallow than Brees expected and stumbled, plus the lineman disrupting the throwing motion causing the ball to sail a little bit, its so easy to miss the throwing window.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom