Why everyone think Bengals will draft Joe Burrow? (1 Viewer)

You think they’d grab pitchforks if they drafted Chase Young from Ohio State?
I mean... on a "sexiness of pick" scale... Burrow would be a supermodel while Young would be a Lane Bryant model

you can end up saying you got a model either way... but 1 is just a bit more attractive to the general audience

Probably, especially when a homegrown Heisman and Championship winning QB is there for the taking.
I admit I had to go and Google Map it

Athens, Ohio is 2.5 hours drive away from Paul Brown Stadium (home of the Bengals)

and 3.5 hours away from FirstEnergy Stadium (home of the Browns)

so Athens should definitely be more Bengals country than Browns country

The thing is, if they are going to trade Burrow, there's teams with more picks who are higher than us who can swing the trade. Hell. If the Bengals decide they want Tua more, they could trade their pick to Miami and still get a top 5 pick and pick up a 2nd first rounder or even a 3rd one.

That little nugget of information spoken by "Mr. Ohio" during his Heisman speech, started a Facebook fundraiser and donations to the Athens food banks. They hoped to raise $1,000.

They currently are at $500,000.

That's the kind of impact Burrow had with a few spoken words. Now imagine the national college football champion, Joe Burrow, playing QB for the local home team. The impact he would have on and off the field is insane.

Cincinnati has put up with mediocre QB play from A.Dalton for almost a decade. Burrow will fill the stadium and bring new life into a slumping franchise. Buisness men understand this.

This is an easy choice for the Bengals.

I LOVE that story!!!!!! Burrows was not even showboating.........he mentioned those kids in his speech & now they will have food on their tables.
The power of putting your time at the podium to good use! ????

Even last night in his speech, Burrows mentioned ALL of the various workers who do their jobs to help the team.

Even if the Bengals do draft Burrows, if he has a lousy team around him, he is going to get beat up.
It seems like that happens to so many QB’s in the NFL. Then the smart ones, like Andrew Luck, say, “see ya.”

Add to the fact no one was out gunning Brady and Marvin Lewis cant win playoff games. They did decent with Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer. You eliminate Brady out of the AFC like this year, anyone can go to the SB.

Now if I was the Saints, I would give the house to get the 1 pick for Burrow. Its a gamble but we not seen a QB that caliber come out of college since Peyton Manning, and then its in the toughest conference in all of college, the SEC. We can throw out names like Manziel, but theirs no comparison.

Made the playoffs 7 straight years in arguably the toughest division in the NFL. Yeah they went 0-7 in the playoffs, but there are they are more than a few organizations with a much worse track record.

Edit: And that was mostly with Ron Howard at QB. Now put a QB like what you think Burrow is going to turn into, onto those teams. Think they get the same results?

Edit2: Correction, it wasn't 7 straight years, but 6 out of 7 from 2009-2015. And this was with some stiff competition from the Steelers and the Ravens who were pretty darn good most of those years.
Completely irrelevant. Play off appearances doesn’t mean they are a good organisation. They ain’t a first class organisation, they ain’t even a 2nd class one.

Everyone think this because the Bengals have a need at that position, which happen to be most important position on team. Burrow from area, granting more goodwill and patience to team than they might have otherwise have from fans. He good qb prospect, too. It make sense for them do that.

He's more than a good prospect - based on his 2019 campaign both in statistics and the manner in which he executed a read-progression pro-style offense, Joe Burrow appears to be the lowest risk franchise QB pick to come along in a very long time. He just had the greatest QB season ever against arguably the toughest schedule in modern college football history.

If you're the Bengals, you draft Burrow and if he doesn't pan out (highly unlikely) everyone will still agree it was the right move. You don't draft Burrow and if the player or trade you make instead doesn't work out while Burrow goes on to greatness, you're not only out in Cincinnati, you're going to have that stigma the rest of your career.

Last edited:
He is from Ohio

Great story will sell tickets

Best QB in the draft.

1st thing, no one knows if they value another QB higher than Burrow. It could end up that Bengals like another QB. When this season started, Burrow wasn’t 1st choice people mention as a Top pick. 2nd thing, Chase Young. Bengals may go defense 1st.
Sounds like someone trying to create a reality where he could go to another team... A team in black and gold by any chance? ?

I honestly think if the Bengals don't draft Burrow there will be riots in Cincy, like not kidding. The only way the Bengals franchise would recover from that is they are in the Super Bowl in two years. It may be the most obvious pick in the history of sports.

If they don't trade out of that pick for a HUGE haul, and they pass up on Burrow, they may as well pack up the entire franchise and move before their fanbase does it for them

That's exactly what Coach Pete is saying. The Bengals are not one player away from the playoffs. Thye have holes all over the team. They need a bunch of starters and that 1st pick will give them a ransom of picks and players to rebuild

Is it possible Burrow pulls a John elway or Eli Manning and refuse to play for the bengals?

Burrows biggest challenge as a prospect is his age. If he sits out, hell tank his stock. I don’t think there’s much of a chance that he’ll be drafted over Lawrence in 2021.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom