Why God may not be all powerful (1 Viewer)

+1

Sins and Morality have been the same since the Ten Commandments AND before. Pope's are men and man makes mistakes, but when they do the people, THE PEOPLE, the real rulers of that religion tell them so. For example, indulgences were a terrible idea, and Catholics knew it was wrong and a Catholic monk broke free from the Church. However, the Catholic Church grew because of this mistake. God works in mysterious ways because today Christianity now reaches to more people then ever before because of the Great Schism.

Finally, I am a Catholic and I do believe the Pope is the closest thing to God that we can watch, John Paul the Second was an amazing leader for the Church. However, they are not infalliable and can be prone to mistakes.

About these "7 new sins" they are immoral. I mean comon pollution, do you really picture Jesus just throwing his trash everywhere?! ....Probably Not!

Finally the Universe is not infinite, that is just silly.....however something did create that universe from nothing! I find people who tell me the Universe and Earth being created by CHANCE and not by a creator is just silly. That type of thought is just like saying the Clock on my wall wasn't created, It was just magically formed and is just so happens that all the gears and workings of the clock are just by CHANCE! Think about the thousands of worlds found barren yet ours is perfect, perfect animals, seasons, politics...well maybe not politics.
Well said!!!:clapbig:

Who ever we are ? where ever we're from ?
We should have noticed by now , our behaviour is dumb ,
and if our chances expect to improve , it's gonna take a lot more than trying to remove
the other race or the other whatever from the face of the planet
all together ... Dumb all over ..... a little ugly on the side .

You can't run a country by a book of religion , not by a heep
or a lump or a smidgen , of foolish fools of ancient date , designed to make you all feel great , while you fold spindle and mutilate , those unbelievers from a neighboring state ..... Dumb all over ..... a little ugly on the side .

You can't run a race without no feet , and pretty soon there won't be no street .
With nothing to jog on and nothing to dog on , religious fanatics can make it be all gone .
It won't blow up and disappear , it 'll just look ugly for a thousand years ...
Dumb all over ... a little ugly on the side .

The universe can be expanding AND you'll never reach the end of it if it is still expanding at anywhere near the rate it began to expand at during the Big Bang. FTL for the win!

http://www.appiusforum.com/papal_power.html Thought this was a good read about the papacy.

The universe can be expanding AND you'll never reach the end of it if it is still expanding at anywhere near the rate it began to expand at during the Big Bang. FTL for the win!

I agree with that, but that doesnt make it infinite. Just because we are incapable of reaching the end of it doesnt mean there is not an end to reach. For it to be infinite there would have to be nothing external to it, and wouldnt that mean it has nowhere to expand to?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom