Question Why haven't payton told siemien that when he drops back too far,he's climbing out of his pocket protection,but siemien should know that already (1 Viewer)

It is what it is with him. Honestly from my view, he doesn't do it often. However he is slow off the snap and his release is slow also. Also he prefer to take a sack than throwing the ball away. When the ball is at the 30 and in field gold range and he takes a sacks almost every time, it just tell me he lack pocket awareness.

It is what it is with him. Honestly from my view, he doesn't do it often. However he is slow off the snap and his release is slow also. Also he prefer to take a sack than throwing the ball away. When the ball is at the 30 and in field gold range and he takes a sacks almost every time, it just tell me he lack pocket awareness.
Yea I don't get it,he has ok wheels but doesn't even attempt to take off

I watched the offense he ran in Denver and it was quick releases , slants and drag routes that were quick strikes and effective. He has never done 7 step drops in his life

How do you know Payton hasn’t? If he doesn’t have confidence in the middle of our line his instinct is to retreat since he doesn’t have a grasp of the offense like someone like Brees.
When your O line is questionable there should be more quick strike routes, plain and simple. Seven step drops is death

I've been screaming this all season long.
Brees mentioned it several times on Thanksgiving night.

None of our quarterbacks on this season's roster has the ability to "climb the pocket".
Winston and Hill will usually take off and run...but Siemian does his 7-10 step drops and just stands there and takes the sack.

Brees was an absolute master of climbing the pocket.

None of our quarterbacks on this season's roster has the ability to "climb the pocket".
Winston and Hill will usually take off and run...but Siemian does his 7-10 step drops and just stands there and takes the sack.

Yea we are going to miss that guy deeply,already are.No more back shoulder throws or throwing the ball to a spot before the receiver even turns around.

Mac Jones has been doing it every game, hasn't been a problem for Patriots? Meh!

How do you know Payton hasn’t? If he doesn’t have confidence in the middle of our line his instinct is to retreat since he doesn’t have a grasp of the offense like someone like Brees.
this and if WRs are having trouble separating, it's going to show more on quick passing routes
he's probably instinctively/nervously dropping deep to stay clear of interior rush and by receivers more time (and maybe scan field)

He definitely was. Probably the best to ever do it when it comes to navigating the pocket. As long as he had a pocket to step up into he never panicked. Pressure all around him and he would calmly step up and throw a dart.

Aaron Brooks had the same problem. Maybe it's just something you can't coach out of some guys.

Well, maybe there’s what you do in practice and there’s what you do when attacked by monsters with bad intentions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom