Question Why haven't payton told siemien that when he drops back too far,he's climbing out of his pocket protection,but siemien should know that already (1 Viewer)

How do you know Payton hasn’t? If he doesn’t have confidence in the middle of our line his instinct is to retreat since he doesn’t have a grasp of the offense like someone like Brees.
Not only that, but Siemian himself mentioned dropping back to far in the pocket in reference to the strip sack vs the Bucs.

I've been screaming this all season long.
Brees mentioned it several times on Thanksgiving night.

None of our quarterbacks on this season's roster has the ability to "climb the pocket".
Winston and Hill will usually take off and run...but Siemian does his 7-10 step drops and just stands there and takes the sack.

Brees was an absolute master of climbing the pocket.
Yep.

If Brees couldn’t climb a pocket, he’d be frying donuts for a living somewhere. Wouldn’t have ever been a Hall of Famer, especially at his barely 6-foot height.

There's a reason he's not a team's chosen starter in the NFL. He has some good traits and bad traits. A good QB2 to have for a game or two if the rest of your roster is intact and good enough to keep the weight off his shoulders. Our situation would be too much for any team's backup QB.

Fans are often overly optimistic when it comes to "a change of scenery" or a "better coach, better system" magically unlocking a players "untapped potential". It happens, but more often than not, a player is who he is, and any improvement is minimal.

It is what it is with him. Honestly from my view, he doesn't do it often. However he is slow off the snap and his release is slow also. Also he prefer to take a sack than throwing the ball away. When the ball is at the 30 and in field gold range and he takes a sacks almost every time, it just tell me he lack pocket awareness.
What he said!

That awareness would go a long way in siemien having enough time to make a play,its mind boggling that he does that wayyyy too often
Uhhh... because he's dumb??? :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom