Why I am encouraged (1 Viewer)

JLaneSaints

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The defense played really good today. They had a bad first drive but then in my mind played well enough to win any game

Brees and the 0 struggled, and then came out on top of their game. Thomas won't do that again.

Everyone on this team can come back next year.

What I saw today was a few mistakes and bad bounces, but I finally saw a complete team.

A complete team. When this year started I was ready to throw this defense out. Other people said give them time. Brees says he can play until 45.

To those people, I apologize. I can see it now. We still have a chance this year, but this is the first time in a few years I like where this team is heading.

Lots of things to be encouraged by for sure.

But one thing is known, the 2016 season has been lost and we now must look to 2017 and pray we don't start off O-fer yet again.

Hard to convince saints fans of a silver lining when Drew Brees at some point will retire and opportunities involving his utter greatness are going by the wayside for the 4th time in 5 seasons.

Lots of things to be encouraged by for sure.

But one thing is known, the 2016 season has been lost and we now must look to 2017 and pray we don't start off O-fer yet again.

Hard to convince saints fans of a silver lining when Drew Brees at some point will retire and opportunities involving his utter greatness are going by the wayside for the 4th time in 5 seasons.

Lost? The Falcons lost today too. Still only 1.5 games behind.

Season is by no means over. Just a game short of the Falcons, hardest part of our schedule over. I'd say the Broncos are the best team we had left on our schedule.

Certainly some encouraging signs, including that our O line did a great job against Denver's vaunted pass rush even without Armstead, but the story so far this season is that our team finds more ways to lose than win. It's really frustrating b/c we are so far squandering a great offense led by a guy who may be putting on the best QB performance in the league this season.

I was sure this was going to be a blowout. Past teams would of folded, this one didn't. Proud to be a Saints fan!

I do feel we get better each game, defense played great IMO. I feel like we are moving in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No question the team is moving in the right direction. It's the detours and wrong turns that are getting in the way.

Not having a Good Joker TE/RB really showed up here. That and Thomas picked a good time to have a terrible game. Hopefully it's out of his system and as SP said is a lesson learned..albeit a hard one.

If we get to the playoffs and are picking on the 20's of the right LB or DE isn't there McCaffrey almost has to be the pick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom