Why I have a Problem With Iraq War Protesters (1 Viewer)

alon, I have seen some of them, a good portion of them are respectable upstanding human beings, the media likes to go after fringe parts of anything controversial and this played right into their hands. I do think however it does turn some people off as a result. I do recall a person telling me who opposes the Iraqi war tell me they want to get people to talk about it, at any cost and she did realize that it does turn off most people. I think that strategy no matter how good one may intentioned is not a good one for the long term. It alienates people who may have wanted to sympathize with you.

I wouldn't take this group calling themselves " catholic schoolgirls against the war " to seriously .

these people should stay in jail for a long time. can you imagine haveing a nice easter sunday mass and these idiots come in there acting like this. someone should have kicked the crap out of them for scaring people like that. also i think these people dishonor the men and women in our armed forces. i think some people need to realize that there is no more draft, people that are in the armed forces chose to join them and took the chance of going to war was a possiblity.

To which it really stinks that the respect for others is really going downhill. While I have been against the war from the beginning, and have never liked our president, I would never think of doing that. Protest, fine. But lets be curtious to others at the same time. Sadly people are not.

The complete reality disconnect with these people is astounding...and not because they are opposed to the war. "They targeted the Holy Name Cathedral on Easter to reach a large audience." Way to go. You give fire to those that oppose you by your using contemptible tactics. Either they are too blind to understand the damage they are doing or simply are more interested in self gratification (perhaps fulfillment). I guess, ultimately, in the grand scheme of things, their actions will not do much to change peception of the war (even on behalf of those they oppose) but if there is an effect, it is contrary to what they want and, at the least, they have proven themselves to be total jerks.

To disrupt mass is a serious thing to alot of people. Total disrespect for those going to worship.

War and killing people are serious things to most people. I feel certain it goes against God's wishes.

Fake blood is nothing to me its the spilling of real blood that is important. What's disrespectful is that lying traitor in the White House and all the blood spilling he and his cronies have caused. Protests are usually agitating events, but I do believe that they did cross the line. It's nothing compared to Bush though.

Fake blood is nothing to me its the spilling of real blood that is important. .

There is nothing wrong with your specific belief here. But you do realize, that your inability to see wrong on both sides is similar to someone in the White House who sees things only in terms of black and white.

I see wrong on both sides I said they crossed the line. I just don't think the wrong they committed is as grave as what they are protesting against.

War and killing people are serious things to most people. I feel certain it goes against God's wishes.

Most people would agree with that. Most people, however, are probably missing the connection between protesting and disrupting something completely unrelated to what was allegedly being protested.

This might be some very ingenious method of getting their message out. The odds of that are a million to one, though. Most likely it was just a bunch of self indulgent jerks seeking attention just for the sake of receiving attention.

There is nothing wrong with your specific belief here. But you do realize, that your inability to see wrong on both sides is similar to someone in the White House who sees things only in terms of black and white.

The current administration was given more authority and power than any other in our nations history. They used and abused that power to horrible ends. They did the worst with the most.

Gee, I thought the Congress approved the Iraq war in the beginning...silly me.....4000 dead which is terrible...but we lost way more that 4000 in one day in WW2...perspective please.

Roger that:

A new century, with 21st century gear, 21st century minded Soldiers sent in to fight a standing, competitive Army...? No brother, I have my very experienced guys hiding down in vehicles from thugs, that are making make-shift killing devices, all the while paying their cousins to not do this or help stop it. Is that enough...I have another take, similar, if you want it...concerning money. 4000 dead in this century with the money, weapons and lack of an experienced opponent should be enough for you to grasp.

You asked for perspective. Take it from someone on the ground or go find another that will give you what you want to hear. That is what most do anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom