Why I have a Problem With Iraq War Protesters (1 Viewer)

A "backdoor" draft is close enough. The National Guard isn't supposed to be fighting these wars, but they are.

I have taken it from someone on the ground....ten or so that i know ...one killed...I'm just saying that America can't stomach a REAL war....4000 dead in five years? That's not much for what has been accomplished ....no death is to be celebrated ...but I guess the real question is if a person considers this a real war ...real war ..WW2 ....10,000 or more dead in ONE ONE ONE day. How do you think that would play in today's media? Would we be running away with our tail between our legs? Oh i know ...just nuke the B...

Now, you are losing perspective or not grasping what I tried to portray. We SHOULD never see that type of one-day casualty in War again. All of my, and many Officer before me, game-planning is to not have a single casualty...period. If we rack-up that kind of casualty report, three things better accompany that report:

1. We have been nuked

2. We are fighting to save the homeland itself

3. More likely, but all hopes to the contrary, an Officer or CinC has made a stupid, and obviouly deadly, decision. Also accompanying it will be that guys letter of resignation and jail-time. Even with 4000 dead, if we had lost that number during the first push and a few in the year following, would be more acceptable to the American people. It is tough to watch this Army lose men constantly, though piecemeal, we will never accept it and it is my job to decrease the 4000 in the next War. The money, equipment and schools that we must attend to be where we are...along with the NCOs that are there to be our "common sense" demands that we not accept it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom