Why I think Brees comes back if we don’t win it all (1 Viewer)

SaintsBrah

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
All reports have suggested he is retiring after this year.

However, this is a familiar story line around this time of the year. After he has time to relax and heal up, he tends to change his mind and come back.

If we win it all- 100% he retires. If we don’t, I’m not convinced he doesn’t come back especially after missing significant chunks of both this year and last year

All reports have suggested he is retiring after this year.

However, this is a familiar story line around this time of the year. After he has time to relax and heal up, he tends to change his mind and come back.

If we win it all- 100% he retires. If we don’t, I’m not convinced he doesn’t come back especially after missing significant chunks of both this year and last year

I don't think there are any actual reports that says he's going to retire. It's all speculation.

As great as drew has been and to be consistently mentioned at most 3rd in order Beady, Rogers,Brees. I dont see how he retires while brady continues to play in HIS division. I know drew isn't petty but I think it does have to irk him a bit. Imagine how he'd fill going out 4-0 against brady

All signs seem to point towards retirement, but if he comes back, I agree that the chunks of time missed over the past two seasons are the reason why. He's had an unexpectedly greater amount of time to spend with his family. He's had time mid-season to recharge his batteries. He's had time to miss the game and get a taste of what it's like to be on the outside looking in, forced to watch, and on both occasions he has looked like a crazy man dying to get back on the field.

I still lean towards Brees retiring after the season, especially if we win it all. He almost did last offseason. He has a media deal inked. The cap numbers make it so that he'd have to take a huge paycut to play next season. He looked closer to being a league average QB than a pro-bowler for a stretch early in the season. There are a lot of reasons not to come back too.

My head says we're probably set to see him suit up for a maximum of seven more games. My heart hopes that we somehow get one more season of DB9 and that he somehow defies father time to shine once more in front of the Superdome faithful, the way it should be.

As great as drew has been and to be consistently mentioned at most 3rd in order Beady, Rogers,Brees. I dont see how he retires while brady continues to play in HIS division. I know drew isn't petty but I think it does have to irk him a bit. Imagine how he'd fill going out 4-0 against brady

I think Drew's health and his family take presidence over football at this stage of his life

If I was Brittany, I'd discourage him returning. This injury was a much bigger deal than a thumb injury. Mere speculation, of course, but I think this decision will be based on family and the thought of future health.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom