Opinion Why I think Drew comes back/Lb discussion (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Here's a few reasons I believe Drew will be back for next season. Also a discussion about the most important position on defense that makes a difference as a superbowl contender as well, and that's at the linebacker position. My take on Drew and a strong gut instinct he returns in my opinion back for next season first is this team and for us fans.

We truly have the team, to go all the way and if he can get healthy and if you see him or hear about him getting surgery soon, then I think he comes back knowing he can make 1 more run so pay attention to upcoming surgery which should tell us, if he's gonna see where he's at health wise for the upcoming season.

With no fans this year really in the dome, and hopefully a possibility we can get the fans back in the dome and the chance to really go out the way he wants I think really makes sense, and for him to announce that next season that's it seems more like Drew than speculation from the media.

A continued double dose of Drew/Taysom and focus on a strong running game for him to stay fresh would work, some changes will need to happen but we can still win it all if we can stay healthy and change alot within the gameplan.

Linebacker needs to be the biggest thing we focus on this offseason, it was night and day with Kwon/Davis and if you noticed during the years of most of all super bowl winners it came from Dominating Linebacker play. We are so close, few tweaks a dominanting draft, and some restructures we could run it back, but Coach has to be smart about the health of the players and gameplan must definitely change.

Prediction is Drew Comes back and will announce personally that 2021 will be it, straight from his mouth as he thinks hard about how hard the players fought for him knowing and praying we as a team comes back healthier for 1 last ride and 1 more time for the Who Dat Nation!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's better to walk away from a player a year too early than a year too late. A typical SB Window is open 3 years...Saints pried this one open for a 4th year and Drew looked no better in the playoffs to end it than he did in 2017.

Since we hit on that 2017 class this 2020 season was by Far Drew's worst statistical season. This year was everything he had left.

(1) Maybe you are right about Drew, but it seems highly unlikely to most of us, nor does it seem to be in the best interest of the team. It is time.

(2) My perception is that LB is the least relevant position. Whenever the Saints had a good year, it was when we had a good pair of CB's. In fact, I submit that the #2CB position is the most important position to the team's success. DT is second most important because they are critical both to stopping the run and interior pass rush. Then come DE's for more pass-rush and FS/SS for stopping the deep ball and creating turnovers. It is good to have good LB's but it is a luxury, not a necessity.

Drew’s definitely done but even if he wanted to come back Payton has to say no. This has been the first year his performances have been detrimental to the team. Seems the majority of people think next year is a transitional year and that we have no chance of a Super Bowl but if we can go 12-4 and win a playoff game with a QB who struggles throwing the ball more than 15 yards then I think we could surprise a few people with Jameis as QB1, if he cuts out the interceptions which is a huge question mark obviously..

Let him go!! its over, he's done, he threw for 130yrds and 3ints in that playoff game, he doesn't have IT anymore and that's ok, HE'S 42YRS OLD!!

Any other position if your starter is 42yrs old that guy is getting replaced immediately, his heir apparent would of been drafted years ago....its time people.

Last edited:
It's better to walk away from a player a year too early than a year too late. A typical SB Window is open 3 years...Saints pried this one open for a 4th year and Drew looked no better in the playoffs to end it than he did in 2017.

Since we hit on that 2017 class this 2020 season was by Far Drew's worst statistical season. This year was everything he had left.

Its time to move on.. preferably to a QB that can push the ball down field effectively.. not the 3 passes in one year.. type.

Here's a few reasons I believe Drew will be back for next season. Also a discussion about the most important position on defense that makes a difference as a superbowl contender as well, and that's at the linebacker position. My take on Drew and a strong gut instinct he returns in my opinion back for next season first is this team and for us fans. We truly have the team, to go all the way and if he can get healthy and if you see him or hear about him getting surgery soon, then I think he comes back knowing he can make 1 more run so pay attention to upcoming surgery which should tell us, if he's gonna see where he's at health wise for the upcoming season. With no fans this year really in the dome, and hopefully a possibility we can get the fans back in the dome and the chance to really go out the way he wants I think really makes sense, and for him to announce that next season that's it seems more like Drew than speculation from the media. A continued double dose of Drew/Taysom and focus on a strong running game for him to stay fresh would work, some changes will need to happen but we can still win it all if we can stay healthy and change alot within the gameplan. Linebacker needs to be the biggest thing we focus on this offseason, it was night and day with Kwon/Davis and if you noticed during the years of most of all super bowl winners it came from Dominating Linebacker play. We are so close, few tweaks a dominanting draft, and some restructures we could run it back, but Coach has to be smart about the health of the players and gameplan must definitely change. Prediction is Drew Comes back and will announce personally that 2021 will be it, straight from his mouth as he thinks hard about how hard the players fought for him knowing and praying we as a team comes back healthier for 1 last ride and 1 more time for the Who Dat Nation!
This time last year, I was very confident he would be back. This time around, I'm feeling pretty confident he will retire. I have no inside information. Just my gut feeling.

Drew’s definitely done but even if he wanted to come back Payton has to say no. This has been the first year his performances have been detrimental to the team. Seems the majority of people think next year is a transitional year and that we have no chance of a Super Bowl but if we can go 12-4 and win a playoff game with a QB who struggles throwing the ball more than 15 yards then I think we could surprise a few people with Jameis as QB1, if he cuts out the interceptions which is a huge question mark obviously..
I completely disagree with that statement. Aside for the pics in the last game, which can be argued that several weren't his fault, He had us in position to win in every other game he played.

Heres what i think will happen in regards to Brees. Sean Payton is going to conduct or create a lab expirement this offseason.

The end result, JaHill Brees will be created and born. He will tbe Arm of Jameis, the legs of Hill and the Cerebral Acumen of Brees.

Trust me, Sean Payton would not say no. But he isnt coming back anyway.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom