Opinion Why I think Drew comes back/Lb discussion (1 Viewer)

Here's a few reasons I believe Drew will be back for next season. Also a discussion about the most important position on defense that makes a difference as a superbowl contender as well, and that's at the linebacker position. My take on Drew and a strong gut instinct he returns in my opinion back for next season first is this team and for us fans.

We truly have the team, to go all the way and if he can get healthy and if you see him or hear about him getting surgery soon, then I think he comes back knowing he can make 1 more run so pay attention to upcoming surgery which should tell us, if he's gonna see where he's at health wise for the upcoming season.

With no fans this year really in the dome, and hopefully a possibility we can get the fans back in the dome and the chance to really go out the way he wants I think really makes sense, and for him to announce that next season that's it seems more like Drew than speculation from the media.

A continued double dose of Drew/Taysom and focus on a strong running game for him to stay fresh would work, some changes will need to happen but we can still win it all if we can stay healthy and change alot within the gameplan.

Linebacker needs to be the biggest thing we focus on this offseason, it was night and day with Kwon/Davis and if you noticed during the years of most of all super bowl winners it came from Dominating Linebacker play. We are so close, few tweaks a dominanting draft, and some restructures we could run it back, but Coach has to be smart about the health of the players and gameplan must definitely change.

Prediction is Drew Comes back and will announce personally that 2021 will be it, straight from his mouth as he thinks hard about how hard the players fought for him knowing and praying we as a team comes back healthier for 1 last ride and 1 more time for the Who Dat Nation!
we have had that team to go all the way 3 out of the last 4 years... a Minnesota Miracle, Referee Robbing, and Brees getting to Old unless its injuries that kept him from playing at full strength there is no way he should come back rather not see him go out in a more uglier fashion than this year

Look, my husband's on the fence about him coming back and went through a bunch of "here's why" and "here's why not" football reasons. We just can't do that because you're not factoring in all the non-football reasons.

This is just my opinion, of course; but things are different than last year. He decided to come back for football reasons and no one was surprised about it. But this year he had a MUCH more significant injury, so now the non-football reasons loom MUCH larger. I believe he will retire because his commitment to being a dad and a husband will become No. 1 over football. I think he's done a great job of compartmentalizing it, but there's no question that football was the priority. Brittany's not the type of woman to give an ultimatum, but I don't think she'll have to. He may still be mulling it over, but I'll be gobsmacked if he comes back.
Yep, and that 17 million dollar a year gig at NBC seems pretty sweet right now.

My opinion is we have seen the last of Drew playing football.
I think his priorities in life are changing and he wants start focusing way more time on his wife and kids

I think he should be 2nd string. Basically have two awesome offensive coordinators and one happens to be the greatest qb ever. Let's see if his family and ego allows it.
He can truly be an asset in that way and have an even greater impact than if he was our starter. Personally, I would love it. As critical as I've been of him lately, I know his intellect is lightyears ahead of most in the league.

He cant complete a full season anymore, and if Brittany Brees is accurate, he was supposed to be on IR to finish out this year. Her admission gonna have them looking hard at us next year to see if we are lying about injuries. This ish is done.....been done.

We still have a chance with Sean and younger Players to win chips.

Since we hit on that 2017 class this 2020 season was by Far Drew's worst statistical season. This year was everything he had left.
Actually it wasn’t. 17 was his worst of that draft class’s era. He had a 103.9 passer rating that year. He had a 106.4 this year.

And him being one year older will for sure make him take hits better in 2021 right?

I think some of yall are having a hard time letting go and that's ok. Drew is the GOAT Saint. I understand.

But this isn't some simple "oh man if Brees gets healthy he can come back next season" wish. Yall have to accept his body is breaking down. The sack in the 49ers game where he broke more of his ribs was a mundane sack. He can't even take mundane sacks anymore without breaking down.

Yall have to put your emotion and sentiment to the side and focus on what's not only in the best interest for the team, but what's in the best interest for Drew at this point.
Oh if the body is done I have zero problem keeping him retired

Stopped reading as soon as you said we have a team built to go all the way. Obviously we don't. The past 4 years have taught you nothing. With Brees as QB we will not win a ring. Sorry. He makes our offense entirely too predictable. He has become a liability more than an asset in the postseason as evidenced by his failures the past few years.

Brees was clearly injured, and I’m sure he would do better if healthy, the question is can he stay healthy at this stage in his life? He’s been injured each of the last 2 years after being an Ironman for a dozen years. I would at least love for Brees to retire in front of fans, so he may play next year just to retire.

Brees was clearly injured, and I’m sure he would do better if healthy, the question is can he stay healthy at this stage in his life? He’s been injured each of the last 2 years after being an Ironman for a dozen years. I would at least love for Brees to retire in front of fans, so he may play next year just to retire.
I believe he cannot stay healthy. It’s just a sucky part of getting older. If not a shoulder or a foot or ribs, it’ll be something else - it’s just reality.

I LOVE Drew and in a perfect world I’d love for him to leave as a champ - but I truly believe it’s time for him to retire or for the team to move on.

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
Actually it wasn’t. 17 was his worst of that draft class’s era. He had a 103.9 passer rating that year. He had a 106.4 this year.

passer rating is literally 1 of potentially 2 stats he was better in.

Completion % -Worst
Yards per attempt -Worst
Games played/availability - Worst
Yards per game - Worst
Turnovers (ints/fumbles) - Worst
Completions - Worst

Arguably the missed games saved him from himself in other categories like QB rating.

Drew WILL come back......as a in game commentator. Pretty sure he will get to call a few of our games. It’s time to move on. There is no point in trying to squeeze more juice from him. Let him have his new career. We will be fine.
From my understanding his deal with NBC is to call the Notre Dame games and be an in studio analyst for the Sunday night NBC games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom