Opinion Why I think Drew comes back/Lb discussion (1 Viewer)

and they won that SB despite having PM back there who could not throw the ball with any velocity due to injuries/age but had a great oline and a dominant defense....they won that SB despite PM not because of him....Below is how I feel, I love that folks are loyal to him and all....but I'm a Saints fan not a Drew Brees fan. I don't think the risk to him is worth coming back even if (and it is a big if) he could get healthy by next season....well said below...

People always say this, but can't seem to explain why the Broncos haven't sniffed the playoffs ever since Manning left.

If he was such hot garbage being propped up by all those things you mentioned, did all those things just magically disappear once he left? And it's not like they've been shy about bringing in quarterbacks.

Maybe there's just a little more that goes into playing the quarterback position than most people realize...

Appreciate your loyalty to a made man in NOLA, but do you think he's going to miraculously avoid these things next year? It's only going to get worse. Avoiding injuries gets harder as you get older, not easier. And then to boot, we don't even know for sure that a healthy 43yo Brees could consistently make even half the throws he used to make.

If you need proof that father time is indeed here to lay claim to our beloved Brees, look at his last 5-6 games of every season, dating all the way back to 2017. No matter how much he trains in the offseason, come November, he has very little left in the tank.
He's had a tough bout with injuries over the past few years. Injuries at this age are super tough to rebound fully from- no matter how hard you rehab and train. Certain injuries never go away fully.

When you are playing in an injured state, you tend to re-aggravate an existing injury, or sustain a new one. There is no way that he wakes up on a daily basis feeling physically great. That spills over into performance 100 percent. I think for reasons such as this, he will opt-out of playing next season.

People always say this, but can't seem to explain why the Broncos haven't sniffed the playoffs ever since Manning left.

If he was such hot garbage being propped up by all those things you mentioned, did all those things just magically disappear once he left? And it's not like they've been shy about bringing in quarterbacks.

Maybe there's just a little more that goes into playing the quarterback position than most people realize...

There is plenty that goes into playing QB, totally agree on that. Denver's 2015 D is considered one of the best ever. Their 2016 D was good (4th in the NFL) but in no way approached the 2015 version. Why you ask? Well things chance quickly in the NFL....Seriously you are the first person I've seen argue that Peyton Manning was the reason they won a championship in 2015.....

I mean I can understand an emotional response of wanting Brees to come back, but a rational/logical reason why the Saints would want him back? I haven't heard one yet....

While I’m 99% convinced he’s going to retire, one thing that will make me second guess it is if he goes back to Dr James Andrews to get rotator cuff surgery. If he wanted to return, he’d get the surgery ASAP so he can start to rehab. If he’s going to the announcing booth, doubt he gets it fixed anytime soon.

With Drew as the QB next year, the team will again win 11-12 games. The team will go to playoff and bow out after one or two games due to Drew's limitation. such trend has run four years in a row.

While I’m 99% convinced he’s going to retire, one thing that will make me second guess it is if he goes back to Dr James Andrews to get rotator cuff surgery. If he wanted to return, he’d get the surgery ASAP so he can start to rehab. If he’s going to the announcing booth, doubt he gets it fixed anytime soon.

This is my thinking as well. And I figure we'll know before March what happens and his decision

There is plenty that goes into playing QB, totally agree on that. Denver's 2015 D is considered one of the best ever. Their 2016 D was good (4th in the NFL) but in no way approached the 2015 version. Why you ask? Well things chance quickly in the NFL....Seriously you are the first person I've seen argue that Peyton Manning was the reason they won a championship in 2015.....

I mean I can understand an emotional response of wanting Brees to come back, but a rational/logical reason why the Saints would want him back? I haven't heard one yet....

So do the Broncos get to, and win, the Super Bowl that season with Brock Osweiler or Trevor Siemian, in your opinion?

A simple yes or no response will suffice.

So do the Broncos get to, and win, the Super Bowl that season with Brock Osweiler or Trevor Siemian, in your opinion?

A simple yes or no response will suffice.

We will never know but it sure is possible....if you watched that SB and think PM was somehow a big part of that win, you may want to look at the box score....he was 13 of 23 for 140 yards, had an INT and a fumble and Denver had 194 total yards. Denver scored a defensive TD on a sack strip and all but one score was set up by the defense from a turnover and a short field. Denver's D was clearly the reason they won.

That 194 yards is a record low for a SB winner....

Here's a few reasons I believe Drew will be back for next season. Also a discussion about the most important position on defense that makes a difference as a superbowl contender as well, and that's at the linebacker position. My take on Drew and a strong gut instinct he returns in my opinion back for next season first is this team and for us fans.

We truly have the team, to go all the way and if he can get healthy and if you see him or hear about him getting surgery soon, then I think he comes back knowing he can make 1 more run so pay attention to upcoming surgery which should tell us, if he's gonna see where he's at health wise for the upcoming season.

With no fans this year really in the dome, and hopefully a possibility we can get the fans back in the dome and the chance to really go out the way he wants I think really makes sense, and for him to announce that next season that's it seems more like Drew than speculation from the media.

A continued double dose of Drew/Taysom and focus on a strong running game for him to stay fresh would work, some changes will need to happen but we can still win it all if we can stay healthy and change alot within the gameplan.

Linebacker needs to be the biggest thing we focus on this offseason, it was night and day with Kwon/Davis and if you noticed during the years of most of all super bowl winners it came from Dominating Linebacker play. We are so close, few tweaks a dominanting draft, and some restructures we could run it back, but Coach has to be smart about the health of the players and gameplan must definitely change.

Prediction is Drew Comes back and will announce personally that 2021 will be it, straight from his mouth as he thinks hard about how hard the players fought for him knowing and praying we as a team comes back healthier for 1 last ride and 1 more time for the Who Dat Nation!

I was sad to see Drew leave this way.....I am big DB fan
I will be SADDER to see him come back in this form....MUCH BIGGER SAINTS FAN

If you need proof that father time is indeed here to lay claim to our beloved Brees, look at his last 5-6 games of every season, dating all the way back to 2017. No matter how much he trains in the offseason, come November, he has very little left in the tank.
Except in 2018 when he was awesome in the playoffs, we were the best team in the league by a significant margin, and we weren’t allowed to participate in the Super Bowl we had earned.

Appreciate your loyalty to a made man in NOLA, but do you think he's going to miraculously avoid these things next year? It's only going to get worse. Avoiding injuries gets harder as you get older, not easier. And then to boot, we don't even know for sure that a healthy 43yo Brees could consistently make even half the throws he used to make.

Yes I do. He received those injuries from monumental hits from none other than Andrus Peat (that was the play he broke ribs on)

Drew doesn’t need to be all world for us anymore, he does need to play smart and not turn the football over (which he was perfect at throughout the season). There is nobody on the current roster that can fulfill that role currently,

1) Taysom fumbles
2) Jameis has not proven he has matured (check panthers game that he got a penalty from the sideline)

Honestly with hindsight being 20/20.
Drew set the franchise back by not retiring after last season. We would have kept Teddy, probably wouldn't have given Taysom $16 million. And took Drew's cap hit this past fiscal season and not next season.

I said this last offseason. We would literally be finished with Drew's cap had we done that. And, we would be a year further down the road with Teddy, Taysom or Winston.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom