Why Ian Book was a steal. (2 Viewers)

Honestly, put together 15 scripted plays that Book runs each week. At this point, the Saints have nothing to lose, might as well give it a shot and see what happens!
We are in playoff contention with injured starters returning and an easy schedule after this week.

That's how this team was built in the last 3 years of the Brees era. The team was built to succeed in the regular season despite him not being able to really throw the ball. TBH you could've plugged in any QB with that gameplan and had success, which in fact is what happened when he went down.

This years problem isn't that the QB couldn't perform, its that the wheels everywhere else fell off. Look at your OL, your defensive front...with all of the injuries FA losses, etc...this is not a team that can win with anyone at QB...including Mahommes, Hebert, etc.
Which is to my point. the production we have gotten out of our QB's have not been up to par in terms of how the offense was clicking when Brees was at the helm and even when his skills were diminishing we were still pulling out wins because of the talent around him, so what's the different is its Ian Book starting or Hill or Simian or Winston for that matter if the stat line at the QB position is 18-25 178yrds 1TD in a Saints victory?

Which is to my point. the production we have gotten out of our QB's have not been up to par in terms of how the offense was clicking when Brees was at the helm and even when his skills were diminishing we were still pulling out wins because of the talent around him, so what's the different is its Ian Book starting or Hill or Simian or Winston for that matter if the stat line at the QB position is 18-25 178yrds 1TD in a Saints victory?
Because next year we better not trot out the same receiving "Corpse" as we did this year. With an upgraded WR group and CSP's play calling scheming ability, I think JW can be a serious threat to be the cover athlete for Madden '24. So me, I say this offseason bring back JW, tell Taysom to work on his TE skills, and Promote Book to QB2...and double dip in drafting WRs early

Because next year we better not trot out the same receiving "Corpse" as we did this year. With an upgraded WR group and CSP's play calling scheming ability, I think JW can be a serious threat to be the cover athlete for Madden '24. So me, I say this offseason bring back JW, tell Taysom to work on his TE skills, and Promote Book to QB2...and double dip in drafting WRs early
Totally agree to this bro very much second this notion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom