Why is Bill Vinovich reffing another CCG?? (1 Viewer)

Ok he was tackle in bound so why wasn’t the clock running since bills didn’t take a time out .....

Wasn't he the ref in last years' Superbowl?

Also I don't think he ref'd one Saints game this year. Trash..
Honestly, considering the mutual contempt, hatred(and it is hatred), and distrust that exists between Saints FO and Goodell, I could easily see Goodell and NFL referees association stick it to us by assigning his officiating crew to continue covering our games, regular or postseason, irrespective of our feelings, sensitivities and obvious venom felt towards him by us. Goodell doesn't care about the uncomfortable optics even if Voinovich HIMSELF pleaded with him not to send him there, its all about festering this sense of marketable controversy. So what if our FO, all of our players, coaching staff, fans despise you, that can be turned into effective marketing tools. A despised, hated, controversial NFL Commissioner makes for great storylines and promotional material if managed correctly and it doesn't cause severe blowback. Who cares if we complain? We can't stop his or NFL FO's decisions no matter how many below-the-belt threats, expletives Goodell gets. He'll just keep walking on, with his snide, smug, "I don't give two sheets what you think" smirk or smile on his face.

You see a similar attitude or mindset displayed when he tries his lame-arse attempts to piss off NFL fans every year live on-stage or virtually last year, egging them on when they jeer or boo his sorry, sheetty arse.

No accountability.

He may be a good ref but costing a team a Super Bowl should at least carry a multiple year "no postseason assignment" penalty.

The NFL just :shrug: and rewards him with a Super Bowl last year and championship game this year.
Your assertion that Vinovich might possibly be a decent ref lacks a logical base and frankly, lacks any defensible evidence and comes almost borderline level of insulting my or other Saints fans' intelligences due to his abysmal, biased, conveniently timed calls or glaring on-field mistakes made during games, including a few in this AFC Championship game tonight.

If

This has been discussed... the narrative via the media has changed regarding that game. The “no call” has been dismissed or glazed over... they refer to that game as the Saints choking now and the team and fans have sour grapes. The Saints are the villains of that story now.

The fact he still refs CCG and Super Bowls is because he’s proven to be a good soldier and follow orders.

💯

three-for-one "offsetting" penalties is new to me, but classic vinovich

The NBA is starting to get more of my time attention and money which would never have happened 10 years ago.
Welcome back to the fight. This time I know our side will win.

He was the Super Bowl referee last year. So in order he went from NFCCG (worst no call in history) 2018, to Super Bowl 2019 and back to Championship game 2020.

This guy was responsible for the biggest blown call in NFL playoff history and he's doing another Championship Game?

I wish my performance at work could suck so bad and result in nothing happening.
He wasn’t responsible for the call. His brothers were. He would have announced the penalty had it been called. What people still forget is that the referee is just that. He mediates and makes the final infield judgement and announces the penalty decided. He couldn’t step in and throw the flag himself. The overall problem is that the NFL wouldn’t step on from NYC to correct an obvious blunder. Not defending him. Just pointing out the real culprits.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom